it can be found in my profile or in my soundclick profile

i was mainly trying to experiment with playing using my ears and not using a set scale. many of the notes i hit weren't "standard" notes so to say. C4C
Last edited by madshatter at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by fleaflicker182
This is not original.

Playing in time would help. Just sounds like standard wanking with wah.

thank you for the incredibly helpful critique. yes it is original. do you see me playing jimi's solo? nope. please be more helpful then giving me pointless rants.
I really enjoyed the waves your music was creating. It was very organic and very natural. Playing in time is completely useless and transcends anything this "genre" is about. Note, I quote genre because it is a meaningless term which everyone has their own meaning to. Limitations are beliefs and beliefs are limiting. And yes, this is still original. I like.
I liked it, I did think the fuzz was a bit too low and to shrilly for a jimmy type sound, but its close, Its a fun song, no doubt, I thought alot of it was in time and I didnt hear to many mistakes, Great stuff.

I've been working on this since monday, my last post has the rewritten version in it, could you help me out with it a bit?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189829
you can obviously hear the jimi influence but you have put your own spin on it which I really like, I also enjoyed your original tracks especially Stone Statue

how are you recording btw, it seems to only come through the left side? I don't know maybe my headphones are broken
"Be good or be lucky, of course it doesn't hurt to be both.."
Quote by CJVariant
you can obviously hear the jimi influence but you have put your own spin on it which I really like, I also enjoyed your original tracks especially Stone Statue

how are you recording btw, it seems to only come through the left side? I don't know maybe my headphones are broken

thank you for the response. people continue to complain about that. that is how i computer is for everything, not just my recorded music. dunno why. i'm recording with guitar rig 3 and i have it rigged through my amp so i don't have to use the cruddy preset amps on guitar rig.

if anyone knows how i can fix the issue with noise only coming out the left speaker, please let me know.
That recording hurt my speakers, not sure if it was because of the fuzz effect or some gain/level issues - but it was a little annoying.

As for the tune/improv itself, I thought it was pretty good. Somewhat messy in places, but some interesting licks and ideas. The wah was pretty nice too. Can't really say much more, I guess it would have been nice to hear a bit more range in the solo. Maybe the use of octaves, exploring some related chord shapes instead of mainly scales (or so I figure) - and every now and then, a pause to cut up the sections and help each lick feel self contained rather than an endless jam.

But these are all very minor I things. I thought it was really good and a fun piece.

Cheers for checking out my my tune.