why do people put EMG pick ups in gibson les paul customs?

surely if you spent £2000 on an guitar it shouldnt need anything changed??????
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
personal preference of tones.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well buying a guitar and expecting it to be perfect doesnt really work, if ppl want their sound they custom guitars, if there was a guitar for every specific tone there would 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
guitars models
I don't know why you would want to do that to a gibson when you could get an ESP or something but it all comes down to preference.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by randomhero93

...Which should instead be using passive pickups to bring out the actual wood, not the electronics
Quote by TheBigProjekt
...Which should instead be using passive pickups to bring out the actual wood, not the electronics in my opinion however alot of ppl like EMGs and their tone so watever your personal preferance is

fixed
I somehow knew that before I even entered the thread or previewed it that it had something to do with:

1. Metal
2. Metalheads
3. EMGs
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by TheBigProjekt
...Which should instead be using passive pickups to bring out the actual wood, not the electronics

not really. if someone likes a certain tone that only a certain set of pickups can achieve, then they'll do the pickup swap.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Archieisted
sir i accept your god challenge^^

???
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
ah i see :P
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
Quote by randomhero93

I agree

*Off to fight crime....*
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
You might also love the feel of the guitar, it might just be the best guitar ever for you apart from the pickups. Then you can just change them. Easy Peasy.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by biga29
I agree

*Off to fight crime....*

I wanna fight crime with you!
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
I wanna fight crime with you!

Lets make a group...

Edit: I'm doin it, send you an invite...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Lets make a group...

Edit: I'm doin it, send you an invite...

alright
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
alright

I can't figure out how to invite people.... But it's on my profile, Im gonna go find a decent pic...

EDIT: and I think we should stop spamming now...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by biga29
I can't figure out how to invite people.... But it's on my profile, Im gonna go find a decent pic...

EDIT: and I think we should stop spamming now...

i'm in and yeah, we should.
Quote by pedromiles101
First, yea its mostly personal preference

also if you do something to the guitar yourself you feel more "connected" to it.
...Or at least I do