hey i might get a zakk wylde buzzsaw (its discontinued!) its in a local music store and no one has bought it yet. i played it but i want to know if anyone had any problems with them or anything i should know about it.
It makes you do a pinch harmonic every three notes

but seriously, epi or Gibson?

I played an epi one(bullseye), and it felt pretty solid, shouldnt be much different.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Aug 28, 2009,
If it wasn't orange, I think it'd look damn good. But that's just me.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I've played an Epiphone Bullseye, its practically the same guitar but with a different paint job and I thought it was a really nice guitar

I would say go for it man
Its basically a more expensive LP custom. with passive emg's
And I love my custom. Go for it
just give me a fender and let me rip
perosnally i like the camo and i don't mind the buzzsaw but i dislike the bullseye the holygrail version is better shame we don't see it anymore
Quote by sk8board3r
Its basically a more expensive LP custom. with passive emg's
And I love my custom. Go for it

I thought there were no such thing as passive EMGS...

Anyways, I think its really cool - I acctually dont play gibsons but if I found a deal on one I'd get it, and depite all the flaming ima get for this

I'd put camo EMG's in it, I love the look.

I dont like the bullseye though... if you could somehow order it custome without the bullseye that would be sweeeeett
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor

Anyways, I think its really cool - I acctually dont play gibsons but if I found a deal on one I'd get it, and depite all the flaming ima get for this

I dont like the bullseye though... if you could somehow order it custome without the bullseye that would be sweeeeett

There are passive EMG's called EMG HZs.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Vypor

like this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Les-Paul---Camo-Bull-s-Eye-Electric-Guitar-518446-i1150039.gc
Quote by Riffofthebeast
gibson never made it only epiphone.

Really? I thought I saw a gibby buzzsaw on the net somewhere before, ah well
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Vypor

HZ's are like $125 guitar stock pickups.

On my profile I have an lp-100 with an H4 passive set. They are dynamically responsive and behave just like actives, but dont have as much power. They sound about the same, except not balls to the walls. They are sold as high gain, but they aren't top shelf in the passive category. They are more in the range of between mid and high.

There are many other passives that whip their butt. There are however, enough to get the job done.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by Riffofthebeast

i know there are gibson models because zakk's got a few. i've got a picture of him holding a bunch of his signature models, and the buzzsaw, bullseye, and camo bullseye are all there, all gibson. but they'd be $4000 or so, compared to the $700 or so an epiphone would be.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i know there are gibson models because zakk's got a few. i've got a picture of him holding a bunch of his signature models, and the buzzsaw, bullseye, and camo bullseye are all there, all gibson. but they'd be $4000 or so, compared to the $700 or so an epiphone would be.

gibson makes them for zakk but make them for everyone else by epiphone.
Quote by Riffofthebeast

Quote by Riffofthebeast
gibson makes them for zakk but make them for everyone else by epiphone.

Bull.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Zakk-Wylde-ZV-Signed-Electric-Guitar-516166-i1467573.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Limited-Edition-Zakk-Wylde-Flying-V-Custom-Electric-Guitar-514292-i1321374.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar---Bull-s-Eye-517124-i1149170.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Les-Paul---Camo-Bull-s-Eye-Electric-Guitar-518446-i1150039.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Limited-Run-Zakk-Wylde-Bullseye-Aged-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-517658-i1436618.gc

He has a ridiculous amount of gibson signatures, all of them purchasable off GC.

But I say go for it. The epi ZW sig is probably the best modern non-elitest guitar you can get from epiphone (some may argue the futera series, but I feel that the quality of the ZW pounds proph). Make sure you like the neck before you buy it, though, as it is rather non-traditional for epiphone.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Aug 28, 2009,
I don't like them, but to each his own.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by kranoscorp

okay first of all yes i know zakk has gibson models and im not talking about any of those. im talking about the BUZZSAW
The buzzsaw is the only thing that has zakk wyldes name on that I would consider buying tbh.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I'm soooo glad I got out of the zakk wylde fad about 10 years ago before he became what he is now,a big marketing machine...

Epiphone makes pretty solid guitars man their a lot closer to gibson than say a squier is to a fender but Don't buy a zakk guitar or any guitar with active pickups and unless you know what your doing....do some research...I've had zakk wylde sig guitars,other les pauls with emgs and I've sold them all because they only sound good with certain combonations of effects and amps...when you get out of the fad your gonna be like wow I got all this expensive stuff I can't use for a different style when pinch harminics get boring lol

And they make gibson buzzsaws but I think just for zakk....but you may be able to get one threw the custom shop for a lot of cash idk
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
And they make gibson buzzsaws but I think just for zakk....but you may be able to get one threw the custom shop for a lot of cash idk

WILL SOMEONE LISTEN TO ME? I HAVE SAID SO MANY TIMES ALREADY THAT GIBSON ONLY MAKES BUZZSAWS FOR ZAKK !!!
I love the Black les paul with the BLS logo. I would put it on my wall, but I'd never play it.

I have a thing about playing another players custom guitar. To each his own though.
The Epiphone ZW replicas are top shelf instruments.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett