First, what's the best type of cable to use with the effects loop? Do you need two regular 1/4" unbalanced guitar leads, or two proper 1/4" balanced leads?

Second, I heard it's recommend you only use pro rack gear with the effects loop, but it's possible to use stomp box floor pedals. How would my Boss DD-6 delay fair in the effects loop? Will it have any clipping or noise problems compared to rack gear?
To my understanding, items like delays can often work better in the effects loop, however it may come down to personal preference.

You can put pedals in the effects loop, and some will be noisier than others, but that really comes down to build quality and the design of the pedal. However, rack gear can also be noisy.

The only thing that I understand is a no go with effects loops is putting overdrive or distortion pedals in there, as it causes more wear on your power tubes.
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
To my understanding, items like delays can often work better in the effects loop, however it may come down to personal preference.

You can put pedals in the effects loop, and some will be noisier than others, but that really comes down to build quality and the design of the pedal. However, rack gear can also be noisy.

The only thing that I understand is a no go with effects loops is putting overdrive or distortion pedals in there, as it causes more wear on your power tubes.

Alright, so I'll just plug it in and duck for cover.
Anyone else got info about the correct cables for the FX loop?
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
I believe you just use guitar patch leads. However, I could be wrong.

Hm, I have guitar patch leads, but they're really short. Too short to have the delay pedal on the ground. Aren't guitar patch leads basically the same as any guitar leads, just shorter?
just use guitar cables
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab