Alright pit. Here's the deal. Every weekend my dad blasts his music at a level where the whole house hears it. It's driving me nuts. I swear to god that if I have to hear Jethro Tull, or Chick Corea Electric Band blasted at the borderline threshold of pain one more time while I'm trying to do something else, I will go homicidal. I don't want to ask him to turn it down because when he listens to music he's usually also drinking. When he's been drinking, asking him to do something like that will turn into an incident. I've finally decided to find a way to ruin the amp of his audio system. It will get me, my mom and brother at least one weekend of silence before he gets a new one. Because I need to do it in a way where he won't know I did anything, I'm probably going to have to open it up and **** with the electronics inside of it. I also know that those amps can store dangerous levels of electricity even when they're unplugged. So here are my questions.

1. Do I need to be worried about getting shocked when the with the amp's interior?

and

2. What is the most subtle way to permanently screw it up. My dad is an electrical engineer so it needs to be in a way where he won't notice it's been tampered with.

tl;dr Whats the best and safest way to permanently screw up the amp in my dad's stereo system. It has to be subtle enough to where he won't figure it out because he's an electrical engineer.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Jethro Tull can never be too loud.

It can be if it's at 110 Db when I'm trying to play guitar in my room.
Don't bitch. Your old man could be listening to ABBA
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
You should burn something silly to a cd, then stick a cover on the cd that looks like one of his albums, then swap it for the real cd in its case.

Like a really deep voice going ... I dunno you're probably funnier than me.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Quote by In The Mist
It can be if it's at 110 Db when I'm trying to play guitar in my room.

Turn your amp to 11, that'll show the bastard
Quote by Turkeyburger
Hit it with lightning

Also, learn to respect Jethro Tull you bastard

I don't have anything against Jethro Tull. It just gets freaking annoying because it's almost all he listens to.
you could try and short circuit it somehow, i dont think it can seem intentional.
you might have to wear a bit of rubber though...
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
Turn your amp to 11, that'll show the bastard

That would only bring more rapage to my ears. (It's a spider 75W)
Quote by In The Mist
That would only bring more rapage to my ears. (It's a spider 75W)

it's either that or your dad's stuff, you make the decision
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Jethro Tull can never be too loud.

Jimmyyoung is correct.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Open it up, dab a hot soldering iron on a few of the legs of an IC in there. Not enough so the solder fully melts, but enough to put excess heat in the IC, so it's broken. It should just look like the component burnt out, and you get your one free weekend!
Lemme guess. Your dad works all week and has a couple of hours where he gets to rock out.
I'll bet you play your guitar all week. I'll bet he doesn't bitch much about.
I'll bet your mostly just a little prick.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Lemme guess. Your dad works all week and has a couple of hours where he gets to rock out.

Seriously, TS. Just deal with it. :/

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
easy open it up then throw a cup of water in it
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Jackal58

Over the summer I was just fine with him blasting his music on the weekends. I had all week. But now that school has started I get barely any time on my guitar because of homework. I also never play my guitar loud (at least for a spider 3) when anybody is home. I want to, but I'm considerate. When my dad gets home and I'm playing loud, I turn it down, even though his stereo can kick the **** out of my spider. When I get home though and he's already there, blasting his music, it just stays at the same volume.
You had all summer. He works all year. Get over it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by In The Mist
Alright pit. Here's the deal. Every weekend my dad blasts his music at a level where the whole house hears it. It's driving me nuts. I swear to god that if I have to hear Jethro Tull, or Chick Corea Electric Band blasted at the borderline threshold of pain one more time while I'm trying to do something else, I will go homicidal.
Could we possibly convince you to go suicidal, instead?

Quote by In The Mist
I don't want to ask him to turn it down because when he listens to music he's usually also drinking. When he's been drinking, asking him to do something like that will turn into an incident.
Okay, so at least you have a smidgen of common sense, even though you're a whiner. Congrats.

Quote by In The Mist
I've finally decided to find a way to ruin the amp of his audio system. It will get me, my mom and brother at least one weekend of silence before he gets a new one. Because I need to do it in a way where he won't know I did anything, I'm probably going to have to open it up and **** with the electronics inside of it. I also know that those amps can store dangerous levels of electricity even when they're unplugged. So here are my questions.

1. Do I need to be worried about getting shocked when the with the amp's interior?
No, just stand in a puddle of water. That will protect you.

Quote by In The Mist
2. What is the most subtle way to permanently screw it up. My dad is an electrical engineer so it needs to be in a way where he won't notice it's been tampered with.
Temporarily disconnect the line cord from the amp. Insert it about 6" up your rectum. Insert the line cord's plug into a live receptacle.

After the smoke clears, there will be severe internal damage, but everything will look normal on the outside. Reconnect the line cord to the amp of his audio system. Done. Everyone will now be happy.

Disclaimer:
Neither I nor UG actually recommend doing ANY of the above.
It will probably kill you.
However you SHOULD chill out and let your dad unwind.
He has at least one pissy little bitch at home to deal with.
A few drinks and crankin' some jams isn't too much to ask.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by In The Mist
It's not just for the music, it's also sort of a revenge.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21320388#post21320388

Read it. That happened last weekend. Now do you see why I want to do this?
I remember you from that thread. I felt compassion for you.

I no longer do.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ok so you want to be a bigger prick than he is? That'll get ya far in life.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi

If it's really a problem TS,Something like this could solve your problems.Steal your dads audio stuff,sell it,invest that money into the loudest thing you can find.

Better idea,go in there with him,put on something that you both like and talk about music with your dad.Me and my dad do it all the time.Or get you dad some really nice headphones and tell him to enjoy his hearing damage.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Jackal58
Ok so you want to be a bigger prick than he is? That'll get ya far in life.

And your not being a prick now?

Anyways, I never planned to ruin my dad's stereo. Don't get me wrong. He's a dick sometimes, but since he's my dad the least I can do is passively put up with his bull**** until I get out of the house. I decided I would try to ruin his stereo when I got home today to loud music when all I wanted to do was lie down. I thought I'd ask the pit for help. After cooling down I decided that ruining his stereo wouldn't be a good idea, but I decided to post the thread anyways to see what it would turn into. I must say I am not impressed. The "stick the cable up your rectum " comment and the Marshall wall were probably the only memorable things posted.
Last edited by In The Mist at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by In The Mist
And your not being a prick now?

Anyways, I never planned to ruin my dad's stereo. Don't get me wrong. He's a dick sometimes, but since he's my dad the least I can do is passively put up with his bull**** until I get out of the house. I decided I would try to ruin his stereo when I got home today to loud music when all I wanted to do was lie down. I thought I'd ask the pit for help. After cooling down I decided that ruining his stereo wouldn't be a good idea, but I was still curious about how the pit would respond to such a thread. I must say I am not impressed. The "stick the cable up your rectum " comment was probably the only memorable thing posted.

I'm a prick all the time.
Your op led me to believe differently.
I'm glad you cooled down.
If I knew you were trolling for memorable posts I would have tried harder.
I don't think you could get the cable past your head but I might be wrong. Your ass may accommodate both.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
If hes an electrical engineer he will know it was messed with. Might I suggest drinking with him, the Jethro Tull will be more enjoyable.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Gates67
what is his current setup?
hifi is awesome

2 Sony high capacity CD players (together they hold a total of 500 CDs)
A Sony 75W amp
Stereo equalizer, 10 band on each side (not sure of the brand)
4 JBL speakers.

I was hoping this would become another "dimebucker in a telecaster thread", but the lack of good comments and the fear of getting banned made me decide to stop the trolling.
Last edited by In The Mist at Aug 28, 2009,
TS, if he blasts Chick Corea, it's for your own good. Chick's a hoss, and so is Frank Gambale, and so are Victor Wooten and Dave Weckl. Previous members are also full of win, such as Scott Henderson and John Patitucci.
Quote by Holy Katana
TS, if he blasts Chick Corea, it's for your own good. Chick's a hoss, and so is Frank Gambale, and so are Victor Wooten and Dave Weckl. Previous members are also full of win, such as Scott Henderson and John Patitucci.

Frank Gambale is nothing but a wanker. He has no soul. I don't hate Chick Corea, just the electric band. "Where Have I Known You Before" by Return to Forever is one of my favorite albums. (I'm listening to Vulcan Worlds as I write this) Al di Meola has way more feeling in his playing, not to mention his tone makes Frank Gambale sound like a cat getting strangled. Victor Wooten is good, but John Patitucci, the one I always hear, is just total self indulgent crap. Stanley Clark can make far better, groovier baselines on his tiny, short-scale 4 string than John could do on his massive 26-fret 6 string.
I have yet to hear the electric band with Wooten. Dave Weckl has got to be the most skilled drummer on the planet, but I just like Lenny White's style better.