'kay, so i've had this guitar for a few years now, and i'm looking to replace the stock pups. I play anything from green day to metallica. So i guess it would have to cover that wide spectrum. although, i do plan on having EMGs or blackouts in my next guitar, so a little bit smaller spectrum. I was thinking the SD Hot Rodded Set (JB and Jazz i believe). I've heard this set used many a time and is versatile. So what does UG think?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
i did the same with my ep les paul, i gots a 59 model seymour duncan in the neck and in the bridge i gots a seymour duncan JB, its great for an all rounder thats basically mainly in to rock, blues,hard rock and metal
alright, thanx for the support. saving up some money right now, because I'm not gonna be able to get these in the guitar my self, so i need to save up for the pups and to have them put in (which i dont expect to be much, since i'd buy them in store). not gonna get it done in GC though, this local store near me.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I have a JB and a 59' in my soloist and it is the best pup combo i've played- highly recommend it. The mahogany in your guitar will really shine.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
alright, so today i dropped off my epi at the shop, and there is a seymour duncan JB going into the bridge, and a seymour duncan Jazz going into the neck. both black in color. I got a pretty good deal cuz i traded in my old behringer gmx210. the pups were $73 a piece, and for trading in the amp the guy gave me one of the pups free. so basically got $73 for the amp . its gonna cost $50 for labor, so the whole thing is costing me $123, which i think is good since i would've spent more for not trading in the amp and it was collecting virtual dust on craigslist. I should have it back by friday, possibly thursday (the guy who does guitar work at the store is only there on thursday). so once i get it back i will def post pics. and clips if i feel like it. i'll probably throw in some xtra money there to get a hardshell case since i dont have one. so i cant wait for thur/fri.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan