True, the last few records were well, not bad but not good either.. And this has been a long time coming.. I know the band are flawed but I have been a fan since a kid and thats just off the first 2 records.. Maybe Liam will carry on and take over songwrighting duties (Little James, ewwww :S) lol
@dbostwick
Cant say im devastated. Noel is overrated as a lyricist and often an outright thief, but is at least relatively more tolerable than his brother...though they remind me of the line from blackadder..."who's using the family brain cell at the moment?"

maybe noel will learn to sustain a metaphor and write a sem-original chord progression....
Quote by Who66
maybe noel will learn to sustain a metaphor and write a sem-original chord progression....

Maybe Glenn Beck will learn to sustain a viewpoint and only appear semi crazy.

We can dream.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Well i guess that Liam is up a certain creek without a certain impliment.

The guy can't sing anymore and lord knows he can't really write songs either.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
im not fussed they had 3 songs i liked. i though they where both pr*cks anyway
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
I'm also pretty devastated, I'm a fan. Liam has gotten alright at writing songs (I'm Outta Time) and Gem can write songs really well.
If they split it leaves the door open for an unlilkely ride reunion as it allows andy to go and do his own thing. Still can't see that happen, but I said the same about MBV. As far Oasis, it was coming if he reallly has left. They'd become a band that just did the occasional good single and I kind of wish they hadn't released their last album, wasn't that much of a fan tbh! At least it will allow Noel to do that mythical solo album he has wanted to do for ages.
oasis is the greatest band ever to play. the talent has left, the heart remains.
When I was young
I thought I had my own key
I knew exactly what I wanted to be
Now I'm sure
You've boarded up every door
Yesterday i was at Rock En Seine, the music fest in France, where Oasis was supposed to play, but the two brothers had a fight like 10 minutes before the show, so it has been cancelled...
The fest director told us that the band was now officially split...

So yes, it's official... But maybe they will play together, again, in a few months...