I'm only looking to spend around $100-$200. I'm off to college in three weeks and my current guitars electronics failed. Needless to say I'm extremely tight on money. I just can't play my current guitar w/out any kind of amplification. The guitar that failed on me was an ESP LTD MV-100 which was also cheap.

Are there any real options out there? I was thinking of many an older Kramer, a cheap strat copy, or ...?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
get a squier
test them out first and get one that feels good
you can find a nice one if you look
Traveler guitar? You can buy a mini amp to go along with one of those and jam through headphones.

Traveler guitars are actually quite flexible and are pretty cool IMO. I'd get one for college... just sayin'
Agile maybe? Some of the strat copies in the price range are a bit nicer than squier
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
You mentioned old Kramers.....look for a Focus 1000, 2000 or 3000. They can be had sometimes under $200 usually with a REAL OFR and they will blow anything so far mention away.

But why not just get the electronics in your existing guitar fixed? Could be something as simple as a loose wire.
^^^ yeah, rondomusic.com has got a bunch of cheap copy guitars. Search around on these boards to find out more about specific brands/models listed on there.
You take the $200 and fix the guitar?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Amazon has the Schecter Omen Extreme-6 in black cherry for $205 right now.
squire might not be a bad idea. you don't want to be another horror story of a guitar stolen from a dorm room, and everybody and their mom knows squires are cheap. nobody will touch it.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Lol @ LifeIsABullet16. I guess I could get the electronics fixed but the guitar is crap as it is. I'll take it in and see what the cost would be. How much does a normal soldering job cost?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Ebay is your friend here. i got my current guitar for twenty squids. If you bid on pink guitars, nobody else goes for them, and then you just paint them an acceptable colour.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
What type of music do you want to play?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I like to play every type of music. For $100-200 I can't be picky but I'm taking my guitar in tomorrow and will probably just get the electronics fixed if it's under $50. I think it's just a soldering issue.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by DavesCrusade
get a squier bullet theyre usually like 100 - 120 USD

Agreed! I love Bullets!
Squier
Epiphone
ESP
Rondo Music's Agile
Xaviere (search Guitar Fetish)
Dean
Ibanez

Most of these make models that are about the cheapest guitars I've seen... I think these can be fine quality guitars... for $200 or so. That's just my opinion and experience though.

C.E.G.
Rockin' with a cheap electric guitar!
Rondomusic might not be so bad. I got a Tele for about $120 and it was nice for the price. A bit below the better Squiers. If you spend the full $200 on the site you might be able to find something half decent.

I personally love how this looks and almost bought it, it's in your price range as well. They have some Schecter type shapes, RG's and LP's in the price range as well. http://www.rondomusic.com/product1746.html
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls