The straplocks gave out on my while I was bedroom-jamming and I dropped my guitar. The pickguard (Paul-style) cracked but other than that I couldn't see any damage until I played it. Now the strings buzz like a mofo. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need a professional setup? Also, is there any other dropping-incurred damage that my guitar could have sustained without me being able to immediately notice?

PS - If this belongs in Gear Building & Customizing you have my sincerest apologies.
you may wanna try getting it set up and see what changes.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
What brand of straplocks were they? My Schallers have never given out on me, but I've had Dunlop's pop off.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I forgot to mention a set-up isn't my favorite option right now because I have a show Sunday night.
The bottom (jack side) hit first and then it fell forward onto the pickup side.

Also if it matters I have a TOM bridge.
You'll probably wanna get it setup or, if you really don't have the time or no one is available, rent a guitar for the day.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Hmmm... Well falling ass first probably knocked the bridge out of line and then head probably messed up the tension on the neck.

Getting your guitar set up would only take a few hours...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Hmmm... Well falling ass first probably knocked the bridge out of line and then head probably messed up the tension on the neck.

Getting your guitar set up would only take a few hours...
What world do you live in where a TOM bridge can be "knocked out of line"?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The only tech I know of near me is the guy who works out of Guitar Center and he always has stacks of guitars to get through. It usually takes a 4-5 days to get the guitar back.
Quote by ch0
What world do you live in where a TOM bridge can be "knocked out of line"?

Well I've stripped a TOM. Guitar took a spill, and I would ASSUME the tension of the strings, virbrations and gravity ****ed it up when its ass hit hard ground. The threads on the left side of it (E, A, D half) were stripped. So I had to get a new pole...

Tuning got all messed up too. Strings dropped about 3 steps.
This sometimes happen to me. When I dropped my guitar one time with a TOM bridge, and there were fret buzzes everywhere.

I changed the strings, and they seemed to go away.

Try that and see if it helps.
Quote by guitar98765432
How much did that repair cost you, r0ckth3d34n?

A new pole cost like $3.
Plus new strings... and 5 minutes.

It was like a $20 repair. Surprisingly my neck didn't warp whatsoever.
Burn the guitar, it's the only way!

That was a joke. Don't burn the guitar.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail