He's making it impossible for my band to play, like, at all.

What do I do?
Quote by yLynch

What do I do?

What is he doing, aside from finding two completely different bands to be sonically indistinguishable, that makes playing together difficult?
Last edited by Guitarfailwin at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
how would this effect your playing ability?

I just don't get it.
Is your band strictly a Soundgarden cover band?

If not, get over it.

Besides, you've probably only let him hear the most common songs by them (Rusty Cage, My Wave, etc.), which do share similarities to Papa Roach. How about Pretty Noose or Jesus Christ Pose? I don't think Jacoby Shaddix has the range demonstrated by Chris Cornell in Jesus Christ Pose.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Last edited by Black Star at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by Black Star
Is your band strictly a Soundgarden cover band?

If not, get over it.

Besides, you've probably only let him hear the most common songs by them (Rusty Cage, My Wave, etc.), which do share similarities to Papa Roach. How about Pretty Noose or Jesus Christ Pose? I don't think Jacoby Shaddix has the range demonstrated by Chris Cornell in Jesus Christ Pose.

He thinks Let Me Drown is a PR ripoff...
Quote by yLynch

What do I do?

You're on the sharpest tool in the shell. KICK HIM OUT!

Did that not cross your mind at all?
If he drums well, it's not your problem.

I'm so happy I only care whether band mates play music well. I don't know or care what they do in their own time.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by yLynch
He can't play in 4/4.

Then he can't play and shouldn't be in your band.

Well that's your problem :P
Soundcloud
Quote by yLynch
He can't play in 4/4.

Quite frankly, it's your fault for letting a subpar musician into your band. I can't blame you either though, as seeing by the monosyllabic responses you've been posting, and complete inability to write a coherent post, you're either mildly retarded or just making a joke thread.
Quote by koslack
Quite frankly, it's your fault for letting a subpar musician into your band. I can't blame you either though, as seeing by the monosyllabic responses you've been posting, and complete inability to write a coherent post, you're either mildly retarded or just making a joke thread.

o_O
Quote by yLynch
He can't play in 4/4.

why wasn't your thread started with that?
thats a huge factor
whereas "i think one band sounds like another" is one his own opinion
two irrelevant unless you are a soundgarden or papa roach cover band
and three doesn't stop you from doing anything really

seriously the forums these days are full of people moaning about band members doing something minute and irrelevant and then dropping a bombshell of a point halfway through when people aren't siding with them

it looks like your just trying to justify kicking this guy out and want our validation to confirm it, in your mind you've already decided that you want him out
What do you want me to do? He's got the other guys in the band on his side, cos they're idiots who think everything I listen to is nu metal without even listening to it as well.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
people make threads about this?

+1.

You have to be an idiot not to know what to do in this situation.
Quote by Highwaytohell
obvious troll is obvious?

A more effective troll on this forum would be something like "I got kicked out of a band, can I still play with them?". This is just talking about opinions of music and the 4/4 comment is most likely made up.
Soundcloud
Quote by yLynch
What do you want me to do? He's got the other guys in the band on his side, cos they're idiots who think everything I listen to is nu metal without even listening to it as well.

Well then why the hell are you in a band with a bunch of idiots? And shouldn't you guys have somewhat the same musical tastes?
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by superfish1232

it looks like your just trying to justify kicking this guy out and want our validation to confirm it, in your mind you've already decided that you want him out

If superfish is right, then they're probably going to kick you. You've probably really gotten on their nerves. Soundgarden and Papa Roach might sound similar, I wouldn't know, because I've never heard their stuff. But it's not something to break up a band over. You're just making a big deal out of it, and its not worth it.

And if the drummer can't drum, and the other guys are such idiots, then why the hell haven't you left?
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix