so before i started playing guitar i had the nervous habit of popping my knuckles,

and now that i am getting more into shredding, whenever i am in the middle of a song, they will need to be cracked again, causing my fingers to slow down.

did i screw myself over when i started popping my knuckles, and is there any way to get rid of the need to crack them?
Same thing happens to me, just remember to crack them before the song :P
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
i crack my knuckles too. but not too often. usually between songs if i can or before i play in general. i just get caught up in playing that i dont notice it or they crack on themselves
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Just try and resist cracking them. If you phase it out, your hands will adapt back to normal eventually.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by Athetosis
Just try and resist cracking them. If you phase it out, your hands will adapt back to normal eventually.

i agree with this, also preventing that you wont develop arthritis later on in life either
Quote by Athetosis

^ This.

I used to pop my knuckles all the time too but then I stopped when I started playing guitar. Now I can't pop them no matter how hard I try to. I still sometimes get a little feeling like they need to be popped but I just ignore it and continue playing and it usually goes away.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
^ This.

I used to pop my knuckles all the time too but then I stopped when I started playing guitar. Now I can't pop them no matter how hard I try to. I still sometimes get a little feeling like they need to be popped but I just ignore it and continue playing and it usually goes away.

^ this. really, it's not a good thing for your hands.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Quote by Heathbb
i agree with this, also preventing that you wont develop arthritis later on in life either

There is no medically proven link between cracking your joints and arthritis.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.