Okay, this upcoming school year I'm playing stand-up bass in my school's band
so me not playing any instruments other than guitar and electric bass, would playing stand up bass just be like playing bass flipped up or is it an entirely different instrument and i'd have a difficult time learning it?
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
IT'S CALLED A DOUBLE BASS, JESUS.

Sorry, had to get that out.

I've recently gone from playing electric to double, and it isn't as difficult as it seems.

Just make sure you have a marker for where major frets should be, ie 3rd 5th 7th. Use tape or a small sticker, or something like that.
thanks
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
This is completely irrelevant, but I'm listening to aerials by SOAD and BobSlay's avatar is beating in perfect time to it. Very trippy
Quote by lceman13
The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing.
If consequences dictate, it's only wrong when we get caught - Tool
I don't actually play it, but I've played them for a few minutes at a time in music stores before. It doesn't seem like it would be hard at all once you get used to the frets not being there. Especially since you could "cheat" and mark where the notes are.
That depends, are you a midget?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by RSOB Bass
IT'S CALLED A DOUBLE BASS, JESUS.

Sorry, had to get that out.

I've recently gone from playing electric to double, and it isn't as difficult as it seems.

Just make sure you have a marker for where major frets should be, ie 3rd 5th 7th. Use tape or a small sticker, or something like that.

It's also called an upright bass.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Y'know, I really learned something today. I thought that umm... that they were all cellos. I thought cellos were played in Jazz and Classical and now I stand corrected. Ty TS, tyvm.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

I tried for about a week, I didn't really like it. Although I'm a guitar player, not really a bassist, so the huge strings and the lack of frets threw me off. And the bowing was not fun, I've never been more ashamed of a sound I produced.
Quote by Misticalz
Y'know, I really learned something today. I thought that umm... that they were all cellos. I thought cellos were played in Jazz and Classical and now I stand corrected. Ty TS, tyvm.

Well, cellos are smaller, but still have the same tuning as a bass. And they are played in Jazz and Classical. So, your thoughts weren't entirely wrong.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Well, cellos are smaller, but still have the same tuning as a bass. And they are played in Jazz and Classical. So, your thoughts weren't entirely wrong.

Oh, ty. But I still learned something.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Actually, Doubles are tuned E, A, D, G. Cellos are tuned C, G, D, A.
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.