Hey guys! I'm a guitarist that has been looking at getting a new guitar and thought someone could help me with my decision. Right now i have a behringer that i got from walmart online like 2 years ago, i don't play it much anymore. my other electric is a B.C. Rich Warlock bronze series. Also i have a Line 6 Spider 3 150W 2x12. But i just think i need a little bit better guitar. Basically i want a guitar that has 24 frets has nice humbucker picks and is around $500. Most of the stuff i play and want to sound like is Metallica(Master of Puppets, Black album, older stuff mostly), Trivium, All that Remains, and Megadeth. So i was thinking about maybe a ESP KH-202, Jackson model, or maybe something you guys suggest. any help would be great thanks!

Edit: So after about 2 days more of thinking i like the Schecter Hellraiser and the ESP LTD KH-202 still. But i would still like some help on this. Do you think it would be worth while for me the drive 2-3 hours to get to a guitar shop and play some? Or would it just be easier to buy one online?
Last edited by MrVolcano at Aug 31, 2009,
i suggest going for an amp first.

crappy amp + decent guitar = Sh*t
Good amp + Decent guitar = good tone
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I really dont understand why everyone hates on the spider III's. not everyone can afford/ finds it necesarry to own a tube amp, and the versatility that the spiders offer is great. ANyway I know people who play metal that are very happy with schecters http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research--Hellraiser-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520092. I know most metalheads tend to be anti fender but fender makes many HH models, idk about the 24 frets though.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i suggest going for an amp first.

crappy amp + decent guitar = Sh*t
Good amp + Decent guitar = good tone

i agree
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by SKAtastic7770
I really dont understand why everyone hates on the spider III's. not everyone can afford/ finds it necesarry to own a tube amp, and the versatility that the spiders offer is great.

an Ampeg VH140C cost the same as a Spider.

a Vox VT cost a little bit more but its tone is better than the crappy spider.

a B52 AT112 is a tube amp that costs $350 NEW!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
TS, if you are happy with that amp. That is all that matters! I would suggest you go to your local music store(s) and try out different guitars that appeal to you. Play them for a while then make a decision. If it were me though, I'd look in the used market for the old Charvel, Kramer, Jackson and ESP guitars. I know where a badass ESP M-II is right now for $550. And yes this is a ESP, not LTD. Many speak of ESP when they mean LTD. I've not been impressed all that much with the new LTD's in the range you are looking for. That's just me though.....it's ultimately up to your preferences.
Quote by halo71
TS, if you are happy with that amp. That is all that matters! I would suggest you go to your local music store(s) and try out different guitars that appeal to you. Play them for a while then make a decision. If it were me though, I'd look in the used market for the old Charvel, Kramer, Jackson and ESP guitars. I know where a badass ESP M-II is right now for $550. And yes this is a ESP, not LTD. Many speak of ESP when they mean LTD. I've not been impressed all that much with the new LTD's in the range you are looking for. That's just me though.....it's ultimately up to your preferences.

I would go to a local guitar shop but i live in a small town that doesn't have one the closes is probably 3 hours away, and when i said ESP KH-202 i ment the ESP LTD KH-202. Also i got a spider amp cause i haven't actually owned a good amp before, i had borrowed 2 practice amps from a friend and they both broke. i don't know what the difference is between a Spider amp and a Tube amp. Personally i don't see or hear anything wrong with my amp. But like i said idk what the difference is between amps. so yeah just a little bit more info!