Ok so I currently have a Line 6 Spider III and as you all know it sucks. Now my friend just got a Vox Vt15 and it sounded amazing(maybe because the crappyness of my Spider enhanced it.) So I decided to save up for a new amp since I've had my amp for well over 9months.
My friend got me pretty hooked in the Vox but I was wondering are there any other good brands.
I've heard great reviews on blackstars and mesa boogies.

And I play mostly alternative and blues, but occasionally some Dream Theater type stuff and sometimes metal.

My budget is UNDER $800
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
If your budget is under 800, forget about Mesa. I've only heard good things about Blackstars.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Check out Randall amplifiers. Good sounding amps IMO. Been using one for over 3 years and they can cover everything from AC/DC to Dream Theatre and everything in between for under 800. My 75 watt cost me 600 bucks but some of their stuff is a little above or below depending on what you want
do you want a practice amp or a gigging amp?
if you want a practice amp i say a Vox VT, a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube (Microcube or a 30X)
Hola.
Quote by JagerSlushy
If your budget is under 800, forget about Mesa. I've only heard good things about Blackstars.

Used?
Quote by thrasher.
Used?

Nope. A new Mesa Single Rectifier (their cheapest rec head) is 1400, and that's just for the head.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Nope. A new Mesa Single Rectifier (their cheapest rec head) is 1400, and that's just for the head.

You can get a used Mark III/ Mark IV for $800 pretty easily. I don't know what your talking about. Or a Single Rectifier combo for like $700. And alot of their stuff like the Nomad, DC3 and F50 can be had for around $500-$600.
He might luck up in the used market if he looks long enough for a Mesa under 8 bills. I had a Mesa 50/50 rack amp bought used for $450.
Mesa Mark III
Peavey XXX
Randall MTS series
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
bugera 1990 halfstack at guitar center for $600 (it's only in store, not on website)

bought one, freakin grean, pretty much an exact copy of the famed marshall jcm900, sounds just like it!
Thanks for the help.
And it's going to be a practice amp
should i make a poll?
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Quote by BadAssMoma
Thanks for the help.
And it's going to be a practice amp
should i make a poll?

If its just going to be a practice amp, then the Blackstar hands down. Plus you have some extra cash in your pocket, Since its quite a bit cheaper than the other suggestions. You could buy a pedal too...

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.