Page 1 of 2
So today i went to guitar center, tried out a bunch of stuff and walked out with a bugera 1990 half stack for $550! sound's freiken awesome, great tube tone.

Anyway, i'm a newbie with this, so is there anything i should take into consideration with tube's? besides for the fact that after a while i should change them, what else do i have to worry about/think about/ maintenance...that kind of stuff

while i was at the guitar center, i tested out a marshall mg100, combo amp...everyone say's there horrible, but really, it wasn't bad, not bad at all...i know i will be attacked for this, but i liked it better then the blackstar ht-5 that i also tried out.. just my 2 cents
It might break down on you (Bugera's have bad quality)after a month or so so make sure you have the warranty
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by camaross427
don't worry, got a 2 year warranty from factory for parts and service

well you might hate it for breaking down alot..
but if you're happy with it then its ok with me
feel free to add me
yeah marshall mg's aren't as bad as everybody sets them out to be. There's a bunch of bandwagoners here. Wouldn't take them over a tube amp but there not bad for noodling on. happy tube amp day! enjoi!
I would rather be a good liver than have one
I've heard their reliability has gotten better. Don't let worries bring down your new amp day.

Congrats on the amp, got any pics for us?
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
We need some clips of this Bugera! I have some major GAS for one. Even if they do break down constantly, there tone is amazing. Even though there copies.... hm.....
i'll get some pic's..give me about 10 minutes

i have good hope for the reliability, if htey give a 2 year warranty i assume their confident about it
I had the transformer clip problem, which was an easy fix, and is already fixed on new Bugera's, but other than that my 6262 has been going strong for a year and a half.

Just make sure you let the amp warm up before playing it, and put it on standby before turning it off, etc. Make sure you are careful to match impedances and the like.

Just double check everything; I think a lot of the Bugera problems came when noobs didn't know how to look after valve amps and weren't careful enough.

MGs are ok starter amps. The cleans are pretty good, but the drive is way to digital. I'd take a cranked HT5 over a MG any day.... But thats just my opinion......

Congats on the new amp, I've always loved the sound of Bugeras.

HNAD

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.

not the best pic's in the world, crappy camera, but you get the picture sorry bad pun...

anyway it does look nice, sound's nice, i looked in the back of the head with a flashlight, and it seem's well built to me

it does sound great though, they did a damn good job getting it to sound like the marshalls...

and yes the mg, i mean it's not really something i would play a gig with or anything, but just fooling around, it does sound good enough for the home musician on a budget...

this bugera is my step up from my previous amp, line 6 spider 15...so you can imagine how much of a difference i am hearing lol

post above, thank's for the tip's, hopefully it will have a nice long life..

it really is great, a great sounding 120watt tube amp for $550
Last edited by camaross427 at Aug 28, 2009,
Very nice man! Enjoy your new amp!

Was it $550 w/ the warranty? Any first impressions if you've played it? How much gain on tap?
Quote by thrasher.
Very nice man! Enjoy your new amp!

Was it $550 w/ the warranty? Any first impressions if you've played it? How much gain on tap?

550 with warranty from factory yep!

it's great, suit's a lot of thing's, can immediatly go from lynyrd skynyrd to metallica without changing a thing, i would say anyone looking for hard rock/metal/southernrock/classic rock would love it

not teh ubber brutalz...it's not for death metal..but i'm not into death metal...the heaviest i like is pantera, and this will do pantera...

hook up a distortion pedal and you could have dying fetus and that uber brutalz stuff lol..
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
Well I mean, this one goes to 22.

hahaha

that's like 12 louder then 10!
you're aware of what the standby switch is for right? well i'll tell you. after you turn on the amp's power, leave it on standby for maybe 45 seconds before flipping that switch up to. when you're turning off though, you dont need to do the 45 second wait. and never turn on the amp if its not plugged into the cabinet. are you using speaker cable to go from the amp to the cab btw?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
you're aware of what the standby switch is for right? well i'll tell you. after you turn on the amp's power, leave it on standby for maybe 45 seconds before flipping that switch up to. when you're turning off though, you dont need to do the 45 second wait. and never turn on the amp if its not plugged into the cabinet. are you using speaker cable to go from the amp to the cab btw?

Ya, i know the stand by switch, and i use it

yep, got a speaker cable

i have hard that your are not supposed to turn on the amp when it's not plugged into the cabinet, so i won't, and i haven't...but what does it actually do if you don't have it plugged in? just out of curiosity
Quote by camaross427

i have hard that your are not supposed to turn on the amp when it's not plugged into the cabinet, so i won't, and i haven't...but what does it actually do if you don't have it plugged in? just out of curiosity

Your sound will have nowhere to go, and your output transformer would blow as a result, and you'd possibly damage additional components of the amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Your sound will have nowhere to go, and your output transformer would blow as a result, and you'd possibly damage additional components of the amp.

OK, thanks for the explanation! don't worry, i will never do that lol, don't need to blow up a $450 head lol
120 watt? Jesus man, that's pretty hardcore.

Does it take pedals well?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by jc349

MGs are ok starter amps. The cleans are pretty good, but the drive is way to digital.

No no no. The only digital circuitry in an MG is the the effects. The distortion is 100% analogue.

Sorry, but things like that really get to me.

And HNAD TS. I'm very impressed with Bugera. They seem to put out some pretty high quality products for a pretty low price.

All I want them to do now is great JCM800 clone! Haha
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
How do you use that beast for home practice?!

and HNAD
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
HNAD!!

How loud have you been able to turn it? (you'll get a cranked tube tone if you turn it up.)
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I think it'd look better with some chickenhead knobs instead of those funky tophats...

Otherwise it's all good, they really got the 1990's right.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Hesh_09
I think it'd look better with some chickenhead knobs instead of those funky tophats...

Otherwise it's all good, they really got the 1990's right.

that would be maddd nice!

i thought they named it the 1990 cuz it was a jcm900 clone.
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by Kurapica
120 watt? Jesus man, that's pretty hardcore.

Does it take pedals well?

run my digitech rp350 through it and it's ok, all the setting's though are set for my line 6 spider which was my old amp, once i change the setting's it will be fine, it has an effect's loop which is pretty cool and very useful.

yep 120 that will shake my house pretty damn well, i wish they would have a made a smaller version, would have bought it instead, but it's fine, it's just big lol
Quote by HellBoy9393
How do you use that beast for home practice?!

and HNAD

i will probably get an attenuator...but for right now even at low volume's it still sound's better then just about anything else i tried out...when i went to guitar center, i mean you have to try stuff out at low volume's, so i ended up with this becasue it sounded the best...i'm sure cranked it sound's better, but it still sound's good...i'm getting a new room in a few month's, in the basement, concrete wall's, can crank it more
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
HNAD!!

How loud have you been able to turn it? (you'll get a cranked tube tone if you turn it up.)

haven't been able to crank it since by the time i got home it was way too late to do it..but i will today...

like i said though it still sound's great at lower volume's..not as good as it does at higher one's sure..but it stilll sound's great
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
It might break down on you (Bugera's have bad quality)after a month or so so make sure you have the warranty

Sure,

People, don't listen to the dude who I have quoted, he says that to everybody.
He said my Marshall DSL50 was rubbish.
He only has a 5 watt amp - please ignore him (he is just trolling)
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
Quote by camaross427

not the best pic's in the world, crappy camera, but you get the picture sorry bad pun...

anyway it does look nice, sound's nice, i looked in the back of the head with a flashlight, and it seem's well built to me

it does sound great though, they did a damn good job getting it to sound like the marshalls...

and yes the mg, i mean it's not really something i would play a gig with or anything, but just fooling around, it does sound good enough for the home musician on a budget...

this bugera is my step up from my previous amp, line 6 spider 15...so you can imagine how much of a difference i am hearing lol

post above, thank's for the tip's, hopefully it will have a nice long life..

it really is great, a great sounding 120watt tube amp for $550

NICE!

EDIT:

A 120WATT!!!!!!! FOR ONLY $550!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!
Apple Macintosh

Last edited by Macintoshmaster at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Macintoshmaster
Sure,

1. Don't double post
2. WTF!! knows more than you, Bugera is known to have reliability issues and your DSL is crap. Having a 5 watt amp means he can crank it at lower volumes for more gain, since he might only need it for bedroom practice.

On topic: HNAD! Looks sweet, hope you enjoy it for a long time :P

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994
1. Don't double post
2. WTF!! knows more than you, Bugera is known to have reliability issues and your DSL is crap. Having a 5 watt amp means he can crank it at lower volumes for more gain, since he might only need it for bedroom practice.

On topic: HNAD! Looks sweet, hope you enjoy it for a long time :P

What did you say?
A professional tube amp crap?

LOL!!!!!!!

Your just on that dudes team!

Anyway,
It's all about the sound!
Apple Macintosh

It is all about the sound, and clearly, you don't know anything about it

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Macintoshmaster
What did you say?
A professional tube amp crap?

LOL!!!!!!!

Your just on that dudes team!

Anyway,
It's all about the sound!

Professional just because it's a Marshall?
WTF! knows more than you do, and most likely has better tone.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by TheSlashman
Professional just because it's a Marshall?
WTF! knows more than you do, and most likely has better tone.

Anyway,
Hope you enjoy your new amp!!
Apple Macintosh

Quote by Macintoshmaster
Sure,

1) Bugera's are not really reliable. BigRob91's NEWPRODUCTION Bugera broke down after 2 weeks.
2)i never said the DSL was Rubbish
3) so what if i have a 5watt amp. dont rate amps by their wattage you knob.
feel free to add me
Step 1 - buy a bulgera with a 2 year warranty
step 2- save up
step 3 Does it break? - If so get your cash back and get a better bulgera - if not then be happy

(if broken)Step 4 - buy a better bulgera

Repeat until you have the cash to get a mesa (-:

EDIT: Guys!! Turn the hater dial down!!!

And Macintoshmaster - they ARE known for breaking!!!!!!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Sep 2, 2009,
Page 1 of 2