I might be getting a peavey special 130 of of C-list. is this a good amp for thrash metal?

need to know soon so any help would be great!
man, this is completely off topic, but i just happened to randomly look this amp up to answer a question. weird, i have never even heard of this amp before. but to be a little useful, ss amps can do metal, it may need a distortion pedal to acheive desired tones but... well it'll do it. dimebag darrell actually preferred solid state amps because of the way they handle distortion, this amp may not get you to metal by itself, but it should be able to do it with a pedal.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I have a special 212, pretty good distortion, but i decided to go for a pedal, make sure it has the footswitch, the cleans are pretty lacking, but are somewhat useful. go and try it really, a lot of my friend that play guitar like the tone i get.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
Quote by bagpipemetal
Would it be worth it to trade my sp-10 amp, my Pocket POD and my DS-1 for the special 130?
Well, do you need/like the SP-10, Pocket POD, or the DS-1? If not, then it's worth it.
No, I guess I'll go ahead a do it, I'm probably going to get a new Distortion pedal or possibly a multi effects pedal sometime.
get an AMT Distortion pedal and use it in the clean channel
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
get an AMT Distortion pedal and use it in the clean channel
Man, get of teh internetz and play some guitar!

...I'm thinking about doing the same, if only I didn't suck so bad...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Man, get of teh internetz and play some guitar!

...I'm thinking about doing the same, if only I didn't suck so bad...

i always play my guitar when im on UG
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me