Im just curious, does anyone know if there is a business or something that does custom inlays for the neck of a guitar? Or if its possible to do by yourself w/o screwing anything up (and I dont mean getting a permanant marker and drawing in frets )
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Last edited by Invert-blu at Aug 28, 2009,
they have inlay stickers, and if your necks a bolt on you can order/build a custom built neck to fit your body's neck pocket with any inlays you want on it.

If its not a bolt on then i think you still can, but its gonna be expensive, or really difficult, and runs a really high risk of destroying the guitar
They have those ghetto vinyl ones on ebay. I dunno if they're any good though.
Quote by kurtebirdi
they have inlay stickers, and if your necks a bolt on you can order/build a custom built neck to fit your body's neck pocket with any inlays you want on it.

If its not a bolt on then i think you still can, but its gonna be expensive, or really difficult, and runs a really high risk of destroying the guitar

Yeah I would exactly want either of those...oh well.

then again...im looking at some dot inlays atm and they are just white paint..

Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
I wouldn't paint it, if i were you I'd give the stickers a chance, you can probably find em with google.

I dont have any personal experience with em, but I've heard people say they stay on very well, and come off clean
Quote by kurtebirdi
I wouldn't paint it, if i were you I'd give the stickers a chance, you can probably find em with google.

I dont have any personal experience with em, but I've heard people say they stay on very well, and come off clean

oh yeah maybe those would be alright. For some reason I kept thinking they were those puffed up plastic stickers...

then I saw these:
http://www.inlaysticker.com/
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
the stickers might be raised up a little, but painting raw rosewood or maple or ebony would only turn out messy and looking sketchy. plus, it would probably wear off with the string hitting it. i wouldn't trust that. i ALMOST bought some of those stickers once, but decided against it. let me know if you try them out! i feel like they could either work really well, or be horrible
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip