Check out this pedal by amt electronics. It's called the California sound. It's amazing. Before I order it has anyone played one because it sounds amazing in the vidoes and the reviews are great.

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpagecaliforniasound.html
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Aug 28, 2009,
No link?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
sauce pl0x.

seriously though, link.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Nice sound for direct, the speaker emulation sounds good, wonder how it sounds through a good tube amp.
personally i'd get a great tube amp and forget about pedals.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
You say that like the two are mutually exclusive. Most great tube amps sound great with great pedals. You have to diversify!
Quote by necrophilic
personally i'd get a great tube amp and forget about pedals.

Bollocks! No-one's suggesting it could replace a good valve amp. And getting a 'good tube amp' doesn't mean you should forget about pedals; quite the opposite.

Obviously you don't gig much, as dual-role pedals like this can be extremely useful:

Most of the time you'd keep it on your pedalboard as normal, as a boost/drive/whatever.
But if, for example, if you blow your amp's fuse/tube at a gig the emulated speaker out seems good enough that you could plug straight into the PA for the remainder of the set.

I must admit that that youtube vid is one of the best DI'd tones I've ever heard, though I'd withhold judgement until I'd heard what it sounds like at lower gain settings.
AMT pedals are the sex! I have a DuHast and I love it. The callie pedal is even more versatile than mine but they both have the thickest, sickest natural sounding distortion of any pedal I have tried. More saturated yet more defined than a Muff. Angry tubes in a box.....kinda.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Yeah, the lead tone is good. The rhythm not so much, although it might be part because of the drums.

And no additional processing, does the pedal have built in delay? I seriously doubt the trail you hear in the end is from the rhythm guitar... Although I guess it might be.

Edit: My god http://www.amtelectronicsusa.com/amtelectronicsusa_californiasound_demo_2.mp3
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by kyle62
Bollocks! No-one's suggesting it could replace a good valve amp. And getting a 'good tube amp' doesn't mean you should forget about pedals; quite the opposite.

Obviously you don't gig much, as dual-role pedals like this can be extremely useful:

Most of the time you'd keep it on your pedalboard as normal, as a boost/drive/whatever.
But if, for example, if you blow your amp's fuse/tube at a gig the emulated speaker out seems good enough that you could plug straight into the PA for the remainder of the set.

I must admit that that youtube vid is one of the best DI'd tones I've ever heard, though I'd withhold judgement until I'd heard what it sounds like at lower gain settings.

hence the word "personally", my friend. i'm becoming more of a minimalist lately and i like the honest response of a good amp. once again, personally.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by necrophilic
hence the word "personally", my friend. i'm becoming more of a minimalist lately and i like the honest response of a good amp. once again, personally.

Don't worry, I see your side of the argument - after all, my current amp has a grand total of two knobs, 'Volume' and 'Tone'
I'm pretty sure I'm also going to have to order one now.
Action. Reaction. Like an eye for an eye from our tribal days.
I have the AMT DistStation. Very nice.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Deanguitarist39
I'm going to get mine soon. It's a fantastic pedal

with your flexwave?

ive heard about it since the Metal Thread V1, and yes its a great pedal.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
with your flexwave?

ive heard about it since the Metal Thread V1, and yes its a great pedal.

Yeah the flexwave does sound bad on it's own but with another amp on the other side of the room it sounds much better. The flexwave takes pedals niceley but the dirty and high gain and effects are crap. But I use pedals and for 200 that was a great deal
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Aug 29, 2009,