I was watching a video of Jimi Hendrix Playing Purple Haze at Woodstock on youtube when I saw this comment:

"Fall Out boy owns Hendrix. I posted that, and then later removed my comments for fear that my friends would know THE TRUTH. Have you ever listened to Panic at the Disco? They are probably the best band of the past 37 years."

see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvs4j4IniA
If you want to see his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/RickyWagons

I then posted a less than cordial comment by the name of mightnightmaverick on his channel. But seriously why someone even say that about Jimi?
When the power of Love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. ~Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by royalstrat at Aug 28, 2009,
It's called a personal opinion. Everybody has a different one.

Fall out boy and Panic at the Disco are more vocal based bands. Jimi Hendrix's band was not. Chances are, those people heard jimi hendrix and didn't like the vocals much, thus they like Fall out boy better, because they are catchier.
Quote by maniac111
It's called a personal opinion. Everybody has a different one.

Fall out boy and Panic at the Disco are more vocal based bands. Jimi Hendrix's band was not. Chances are, those people heard jimi hendrix and didn't like the vocals much, thus they like Fall out boy better, because they are catchier.

Maniac, as much as i feel for the whole make love not war thing you got going on, this is Jimi Hendrix we are speaking of!

Where is your guitarist pride for f sake, this man gave us so much and you wont even defend him against a computerised pop band?
Quote by AusMetal33
Maniac, as much as i feel for the whole make love not war thing you got going on, this is Jimi Hendrix we are speaking of!

Where is your guitarist pride for f sake, this man gave us so much and you wont even defend him against a computerised pop band?

+1000
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
Quote by AusMetal33

You sir, read my mind.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by AusMetal33

Not every guitarist in the world is going to like what you like, which brings us back to this whole "opinion" thing. Some people might like Fall Out Boy over Hendrix.
Grow up and get over it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by royalstrat
"Fall Out boy owns Hendrix. I posted that, and then later removed my comments for fear that my friends would know THE TRUTH. Have you ever listened to Panic at the Disco? They are probably the best band of the past 37 years."

That may just be that guy's opinion, but from the way he phrases this, he sounds like another one of those idiots that states his opinions as supreme, unquestionable fact. I hate those idiots. Also, if he is claiming that Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco are "better" than Jimi as a fact, I would have to say he is quite misguided, at best.
"The guy from Labyrinth turned into a bird!"
I know that its his opinion that's fine with me. But still, WHY would he post that in a place where he knew everyone would get pissed
When the power of Love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. ~Jimi Hendrix
Quote by royalstrat
I know that its his opinion that's fine with me. But still, WHY would he post that in a place where he knew everyone would get pissed

ummmm, are you new to trolling?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by crimsonblood12
*sigh*

There's no such thing as truth in musical taste. "If it sounds GOOD to YOU it's bitchin'. If it sounds BAD to YOU, it's ****ty."
Sean speaks the truth. So does Frank Zappa.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.