Figured the Health and Body Forum wasn't the proper place for this..

I have a cat. He's 17, been in seemingly good health. We just moved him into our new house yesterday. He's been living at our old house for about 2 weeks before that, been bringing him food and water twice a day, petting and such.

He's been moving extremely slow lately. Very slow. He also laid on the floor in my grandpa's room, which is unusual, he usually sleeps on the bed or chair. His nose is warm and dry, and he just urinated on a carpet, when he full knew where the litterbox was.

Anyone have a situation like this before.. any suggestions?
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Dying cat is dying.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Dying cat is dying.

unfortunately its this,

seriously thats an old cat mad
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I thought the strange behaviour could be to do with him adjusting to the new environment but the warm/dry nose is a bad sign. Keep him well fed, watered and feeling safe with a nice place to sleep. Keep close by him, pat and cuddle him every so often, and keep an eye on his symptoms. If they worsen take him to the vet.
I hate to say it, but your cat needs to be checked out. Our cat used to act weird then we found out he had kidney failure.

So, do that.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Me uncle had this cat that lived to be 22 years old, outside at that. He got hit by a car whilst dropping a deuce in the middle of the road.

ah heck, it's sorta funny. XD
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Me uncle had this cat that lived to be 22 years old, outside at that. He got hit by a car whilst dropping a deuce in the middle of the road.

he died doing what he loved.
over the hill
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Take him to the vet, it sounds serious.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I have 35 of the little ****ers.

Trust me when I say he is dying.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
He's 17, sorry to say, but the cat doesn't have much juice left, for lack of a better expression. Sad but true. He lived a long life, be happy for that: I've had three cats who have all died or been lost before they were 3.
UTI
callin it.

Sometimes cats get a urinary tract infection... hurts to pee so they hold it until they cant do so anymore... go where ever.
Ibanez Xiphos 7 String
Carvin V3 Head
Randall RH300G3
Randall 2x12-1x15 Straight Cab
Randall 4x12 V30's Angles Cab
Quote by diminishedtobme

yeah...they all live in my garage it's like a scene from a horror movie in there
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Quote by We'realltoBlame

not that i normally laugh at dying animals, but imagining that in my head...
i loled hard
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Le_Bunny
I thought the strange behaviour could be to do with him adjusting to the new environment but the warm/dry nose is a bad sign. Keep him well fed, watered and feeling safe with a nice place to sleep. Keep close by him, pat and cuddle him every so often, and keep an eye on his symptoms. If they worsen take him to the vet.

He'll be sleeping on my Grandpa's lap, there's nowhere else he's happier.

Also, I don't really want to take him to the vet. My dad doesn't want to risk property damage, and he seems set that if we take him to the vet its a one-way trip...

Is there anything else I could do for him?
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!