How do I get my bass to sound like Mark Davis of Emmure. I know he uses 5 string Ibanez's in drop Bb but as far as amp, tone settings, and effects, what can I do to sound more like that. When they do bass drops it sounds amazing.
Bass drops are electronic and usually have nothing to do with the bass guitar. Just letting you know that.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I would venture to guess he's playing a Mesa Boogie. Lots of highs, not a terrible lot of mids, plenty of bass, bridge pickup favored.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by t3hrav3n
I would venture to guess he's playing a Mesa Boogie. Lots of highs, not a terrible lot of mids, plenty of bass, bridge pickup favored.

I'd say Ampeg SVT-CL. Most metal bassists seem to love the Ampegs. I'm sure he scoops his mids considerably.
Quote by grifff
I'd say Ampeg SVT-CL. Most metal bassists seem to love the Ampegs. I'm sure he scoops his mids considerably.

I was thinking Ampeg, too, which may be what he uses in the studio, but I saw that they were endorsed by Mesa, so I went with that. Looking at some of their pictures, I saw an Ampeg cab in the background, but I couldn't tell what amp he was running.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I noticed in the False Love in Real Life video he is slapping the bass for his fill. Is that the only song where he slaps or does he use fingerpicking and slapping in other songs.
You need to listen that for yourself.
Sometimes bassists slap the breakdowns. Because it's much more noticeable over the crunch of the guitars.
I most definitely think Mark uses a fractal axe for his tone and uses Fender cabs. That's what I've seen on his sets. Or something to do with a Sans amp. Any body with a dirty bass tone uses a sansamp but the band is all about the Fractal now
Holy Necro-Thread, Batman!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley