So... I was bored and started messing with my guitar. I took away the neck and the pickguard just to experiment... then the springs that are above the pickups moved away from it´s place. Then I screwed on everything in it's place. Now the pickups are higher than before... if i screw them lower then they get loose and start moving alot. Thats the only problem, the guitar listens the same

In first place, I screwed off the pickguard because I wanted to see if the guitar had enough space for a humbucker, cuz I got 3 single coils (S-S-S) I want S-S-H. I got a Strato. http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10813007/1961_Fender_Stratocaster.jpg Mine is exactly like that one... the one in the photo isnt mine tho.

So what to do, should I take it to a guitar shop to get it repaired? I was thiking in buying the humbucker and getting it repaired there ._. btw, how much a humbucker costs in dollars? o_o

btw, sorry for my crappy english
Last edited by TheClown at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by TheClown
So... I was bored and started messing with my guitar. I took away the neck and the pickguard just to experiment...

Famous last words.

Not sure of the repair cost; you should probably call up the music store and ask them for an estimate. And you probably should NOT be dismantling your guitar without having at least a good idea of what you're doing.
TS...
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
TS should know what he's doing before he does it.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
if you put the springs back on between the pickup and the pick guard then it shouldn't wobble too much when you lower it

you can get a good humbucker for around $80
I'm assuming you'll want to have that installed by a tech

also if you don't want to go through the hassle of getting a new pick guard and having all the electronics switched over there is also the option of getting a single coil sized humbucker which is what i used in my strat
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 29, 2009,