Page 1 of 2
I've been playing for 4 years and i still have my first guitar. It's some low end ibanez i got for like 250 dollars.

I actually love how it plays. The pickups and hardware suck but i can deal.

I'm replacing it asap though.

Anyone else?
hellz no started off with a mexican strat then one of those SE custom PRS's then an ESP THEN an Ibanez prestige and hoping to get a rusty cooley seven string Dean :X
Quote by Sarin v2
hellz no started off with a mexican strat then one of those SE custom PRS's then an ESP THEN an Ibanez prestige and hoping to get a rusty cooley seven string Dean :X

Parents buy them for you?
naw, the wiring is faulty and i've been way too busy to fix it
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
It hasn't been years, but I find my old Squier works nice as one of those Paul Gilbert-style 3 stringed guitars, all tuned to E. I don't actually do gigs or anything, so it does what it's good for.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
I still almost exclusively use my first guitar, my Strat from 5 years ago when I started playing. Works great, feels great, sounds great, I can't complain.
-
Quote by ColinMacIsaac0
Parents buy them for you?

no ahhh ummm I how do u say... WORKED FOR THEM

plus totally uncool man my parents both died in a horrible guitar shopping spree gone arwy
Last edited by Sarin v2 at Aug 29, 2009,
My first acoustic was a cheap Yamaha starter guitar my parents bought for me in a kit. I know it sounds strange, but for 99$, that guitar sounds amazing and plays very well. I don't play it too often but it's still one of my favorite guitars, both for sonic and sentimental reasons.
yeah..I remodeled her during Christmas break though...originally looked like the first picture (but silver) and now looks like the second! Now it's my favorite playing and sounding guitar..sweet!
Attachments:
strat.JPG
267.JPG
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
yep, still have and play my $130 fender acoustic and to be honest I have yet to find an acoustic guitar under $700 that sounds better

I'm in the beginning stages of making a pickup and electronics from scratch for it

Quote by chuckmehh
yeah..I remodeled her during Christmas break though...originally looked like the first picture (but silver) and now looks like the second! Now it's my favorite playing and sounding guitar..sweet!

like the pick guard, looks good on a black strat
*looks at own black strat with ugly white pick guard*
i need to get me somthin like that
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by ColinMacIsaac0
I've been playing for 4 years and i still have my first guitar. It's some low end ibanez i got for like 250 dollars.

I actually love how it plays. The pickups and hardware suck but i can deal.

I'm replacing it asap though.

Anyone else?

You call 4 years Asap?

Nah, I get what you mean.

And I only play my first guitar in an emergency.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
ya ive been playing for 3 years and ive been playing the same Cort Zenox i got 3 years ago at a second hand store there are things wrong with it like the volume knob makes a scratchy noise when i move it but its still playable. but im getting a new ibanez RG321MH soon and i cant wait.
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
Quote by justinb904
yep, still have and play my $130 fender acoustic and to be honest I have yet to find an acoustic guitar under $700 that sounds better

I'm in the beginning stages of making a pickup and electronics from scratch for it

like the pick guard, looks good on a black strat
*looks at own black strat with ugly white pick guard*
i need to get me somthin like that

yeah man it looks great...the paint is actually a deep purple ish...it changes to a sparkling red in the sunlight; it's pretty sweet. My girlfriend's dad hooked me up with that custom color. The pickguard i bought prewired with Mighty Mite double blades and I love those pickups!
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Eh my Dad already had a pretty decent guitar when I started, and that was what I played, so yeah, I still play it occasionally (it's an old nylon string classical).
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
lol. I started with a Cort Zenox as well. I had another higher end Cort and a Schecter C-1 for a while, but I sold them both off and went back to my first one. I'm redoing the electronics, though, cause the pickups on it are kinda lame. I repainted it blue with racing stripes .
Last edited by paultheman2006 at Aug 29, 2009,
Yes, its the only acoustic I've ever owned.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Aug 29, 2009,
i have still have my ibanez grx 40. it ain't all that great, but i still love it.
yes my acoustic....sounds greats after almost 4 years now
Quote by guitarlord28
I thought your avatar was slowpoke
i originally had a squier strat, which i sold to my friend who used it as his first guitar. as of now, we are pimpin it out with a new paint job (its now a black to purple fade), a new pickguard, and basically new everything. its gonna be sweet.
My Gear:
Electric:
Dean From Hell (CFH/Dime)
ESP Ltd EC-1000 Amber Sunburst
Laney LX65D amp
Acoustic:
Taylor T5 custom koa
Marshall AS50D amp.

PSN ID is also

MrSprinklez
It's been 3 years since I started playing, and I still have my LP Special II and Spider. Through a pair of good headphones, the Spider actually sounds really good, so it leads me to believe that the speaker is to blame for making the amp sound so shitty. Also, the LP plays alright, and the only real complaint I have with it is pickup output; it's just not strong enough to play metal.
I've had a 200€ squire for like.... 5 years now and it still my only electric guitar

I stopped playing the **** nylon string I got for free because I upgraded to a 50€ chinese acoustic about 2 years ago

and I've been playing guitar for about 6 years
I traded an old Fender starter acoustic to some guy on Craigslist for an old Fernandes Palisade two years ago when first learning how to play plugged in. It was my go-to until the wiring faulted and the neck started to warp where it meets the body. I took it to a repair shop and was told I would be better off spending the repair costs on a new instrument altogether. At least I already invested in another Craigslist find, an old Alvarez Regent because I loved the sound, especially for <$100. Invested in a drop-in Dean Markley pickup and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Every so often, I still jammed with the Fernandes for the memories it brought (it was the one I played every day in high school during lunch or Creative Writing my senior year) before moving out, and couldn't bring them with me.
I was given a Yamaha starter kit around sophmore year of highschool. About 7 years later I still play it. My fingers actually feel more comfy on it O_o
Yea, been playing for 4 years and still regularly play my $50 strat copy, even over my mid range ibanez. It set it up really nicely, and it actualy plays and sounds pretty good, I think if I replace the electronics it should be fine.
I started with a Yamaha, but I sold it after about 5 years of playing. That being said, I'll play anything. I have an "Everything is terrible" acoustic I bought at a trade fair for $30 that I have tuned permanently to drop D for when I want to play slide. It's horrible in everyway, but sometimes it's nice to have a guitar you really don't give a shit about.
My first guitar is a really crappy Washburn that plays like absolute shit, but I still use it as a beater guitar and will always keep it out of sentimental value.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's got a lot of sentimental value, I will never part with it.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
My first guitar was only a little bigger than a ukelele. I was big at the time I bought it, and that has only become moreso true eight years later, my hands included.

I couldn't play that thing if I tried. I still have it, but I can't play it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by RuledBySecrecy
I still almost exclusively use my first guitar, my Strat from 5 years ago when I started playing. Works great, feels great, sounds great, I can't complain.

This, exactly this.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Every now and again i'll pick up my crappy $100 Epi LP Jr. I only played it for about a year before I upgraded to a mid-grade Ibanez, which I was playing for the past 4 years. Now I have a nice Agile 8 string. I haven't had a chance to get it properly set up, so I still prefer the Ibanez for now, but once the fretbuzz is gone and I get some heavier strings on it (I prefer 11s in standard over all else) it should be my new go-to guitar.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Yes. After 8 years of playing I still own and play a crappy squier strat.
Page 1 of 2