thinking of getting line 6's x3 live but it's too expensive for now. so should i get their stomboxes and which should i get? considering that their quite cheap and affordable.

Tap Tremolo?
Otto Filter?
Dr.Distorto?
Liqua-Flange?
Verbzilla?
CrunchTone?
Uber-Metal?
Roto-Machine?
Echo Park?
Space Chorus? or Constrictor?

i dunno what type of songs i want to play lol.
My Band is playing songs by arctic monkeys, anti-flag, the wonders, Muse( Mainly Arctic Monkeys). So wad should i get? i can only afford one right now. hehe.
Well it depends

What amp do you have?
Any specific effect you want?
Why limit yourself to Line 6?
Budget?

The only Line 6 pedals i would buy myself are the Echo Park or Verbzilla....

edit- Do you already have any pedals? If so, which ones?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
chorus, i only say that because i kinda want a chorus myself/they are one of those effects that can be used in almost any situation
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Sulaiman93
thinking of getting line 6's x3 live but it's too expensive for now. so should i get their stomboxes and which should i get? considering that their quite cheap and affordable.

Tap Tremolo?
Otto Filter?
Dr.Distorto?
Liqua-Flange?
Verbzilla?
CrunchTone?
Uber-Metal?
Roto-Machine?
Echo Park?
Space Chorus? or Constrictor?

i dunno what type of songs i want to play lol.
My Band is playing songs by arctic monkeys, anti-flag, the wonders, Muse( Mainly Arctic Monkeys). So wad should i get? i can only afford one right now. hehe.

Why are you buying pedals for the sake of it? If you don't know what effects you actually want to use, it's pointless. And why restrict yourself to Line6?
i have an sx 10W amp but i dont use it for jamming sessions. i use marshall amp for jamming sessions.

No, i dont own any other effect pedals but my amp has overdrive only.
Which Marshall amp?????

If its a MG- Save for a new amp or look into a better distortion pedal, maybe a tube distortion.

If its not a MG-
1. Think about which other sounds you want. You do know what certain pedals do, right? Decide which one will be most useful to you.
2. Don't get a Line 6 pedal unless its a time-based effect.

Budget?

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
i jam at a jamming studio. so my amp depends on what they provide. im not sure what marshall amp it is.
my budget is S$50. im still a student so dont expect me to have alot of money hehe.
well. here's the thing. i play arctic monkey's songs. so what should i get? so ...echo or verb?
Well it depends on what you'll use more. The echo park and verbzilla are both decent pedals.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
i like extreme sounds and something that i can mess around with. Maybe i'll get echo. what do think of their flanger?
I haven't played the Flanger, but from the Line 6 pedals I've played (like BOSS pedals) i haven't been impressed. I suggest you look at other pedals within you budget. Are you satisfied with the gain on the amps you're using? Get a Overdrive
Do your chords sound boring? get a chorus
Solos sound empty? Get a Reverb
Listen to alot of echo music? Get a Delay
Want to make crazy airplane sounds? Get a Flanger
Listen to alot of music with a wah pedal used? Get a wah

Example- I could tell you that the Verbzilla is the best, but it wouldn't matter if you are going to use a OD more than reverb.

Decide what pedal suits your wants/needs, then we can talk about which pedal would be best for your budget.

edit- or give me a song that you would try to imitate the tone of.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Last edited by jc349 at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by jc349
I haven't played the Flanger, but from the Line 6 pedals I've played (like BOSS pedals) i haven't been impressed. I suggest you look at other pedals within you budget. Are you satisfied with the gain on the amps you're using? Get a Overdrive
Do your chords sound boring? get a chorus
Solos sound empty? Get a Reverb
Listen to alot of echo music? Get a Delay
Want to make crazy airplane sounds? Get a Flanger
Listen to alot of music with a wah pedal used? Get a wah

Example- I could tell you that the Verbzilla is the best, but it wouldn't matter if you are going to use a OD more than reverb.

Decide what pedal suits your wants/needs, then we can talk about which pedal would be best for your budget.

+1

Also check out the Danelectro Cool Cat range, and the Digitech X-series
Anyways, its midnight now, so im off to bed. Sulaiman, you can PM me with the answers to my questions, or I'll find this thread tomorrow.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple