I'm turning 16 soon and I procrastinated so long my teeth have gotten a tad out of place. They're not even that bad, but my dentist says they'll get worse so I'm getting braces in a few days. I'll be a sophomore this coming year and I'm scared as to whether people think its late to get braces. Would you think its weird if a friend of yours got braces mid-highschool? Do you think its unattractive?

Comfort me, pit.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
My friend got hers junior year, another senior year.

Who gives a fuck TS?

If they laugh, beat 'em up.

That's how we rolled back in my day
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I know a couple of people who just got them going into senior year. Don't sweat it. Lots of people have braces at this age.
It's more unattractive to
1. Be an adult with braces, or
2. Have ugly teeth.

It shouldn't matter what others say (if anything they won't tease you due to maturity) because having braces and subsequent nice teeth is for you, not anyone else nor what they say or think.
I'm not getting them until I'm in college and my jaw stops growing, so consider yourself lucky.
I've seen people at university with braces.

So many people have had them that I don't think too many people are going to think it is odd that you have them.
you'll be fine, nothing wrong with braces.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Two mods can't be wrong TS
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
No, most people get them either going into high school or in the early years.

I'd find it more awkward to have them in college or when you're an adult. You're kind of expected to have braces when you're 14-16...
PRO-TIP: No one gives a fuck.

I had mine from Grade 7 to Grade 11. For the first week I didn't want to go to school ( how dramatic!) but I manned up and wore them like it ain't no thang.

A week later the attention was on some kid who ate rust from our old lunch yard seats.
Dude, compaired to the rest of your life, high school is extremely insignificant... If you get bullied, who cares, the people that are going to push you around because they're on the football team or soccer team are pretty much going to fail after high school, you're obviously a musician, that will get you far if you're going to chase it. It's skill you have for life, once you hit 26 your physical abilities only start to go down hill, (no offence to any oldies)
People won't really notice if you don't flash your teeth a lot.

After having my braces removed at the end of Grade 10; had them from Grade 9 till then. People never noticed that I had my braces removed. As long as you don't make a big fuzz about it, you'll be fine.
people dont really mention braces as a factor of unactractiveness, cuz they're temporary. i guess being fat might be temporary too, but u didn't pay 5000 to be fat.

some of the most popular people i can think of have braces.
Quote by samick007
I'm not getting them until I'm in college and my jaw stops growing, so consider yourself lucky.

So you've got a case of Jay Leno disease?
well my friend. my buddy got his in senior year. not a big deal. a lot of kids my age didnt get theres out intell the end of or after highschool. im not getting mine in tell my second year at university, ile be 20. i also have sever slouching from scoliosis(my hump would make mr burns blush) and look like mclovin. thank the gods you are 16, healthy and getting them now. it could be a lot worse = D
I had braces from my freshman-junior year of high school...at first people might notice, but eventually even you forget that they are there. and when you get them off, your teeth look great.

no worries, everyone goes through it. it wont be bad at all, and the smile youll be sporting afterwards will be worth it.
am i just paranoid...or am i just stoned?
no one will care. you will get a few comments the first couple of days but thats it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by JungIe
I'm turning 16 soon and I procrastinated so long my teeth have gotten a tad out of place. They're not even that bad, but my dentist says they'll get worse so I'm getting braces in a few days. I'll be a sophomore this coming year and I'm scared as to whether people think its late to get braces. Would you think its weird if a friend of yours got braces mid-highschool? Do you think its unattractive?

Comfort me, pit.
It's not a big deal. But for me, I'm in college, and even though my teeth aren't straight, I just did not want to get braces. I got invisalign. A bit more expensive, and even though they get your teeth looking straight and good, metal braces fix some problems that aren't visible, like a slightly uneven bite. But I'm glad with my decision.

Yeah, just if you don't want metal ones.
Last edited by The Madcap at Aug 29, 2009,
well, i mean self consiously yea, but when others kinda look at you then they'll be like, whatever
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
ha late, I'm going to be a senior in like 2 weeks and I got braces this summer. My grad photos either a closed mouth smile or braces. I'm going to have braces in college.
Last edited by batman187 at Aug 29, 2009,
I don't even know a person who hasn't had braces. This is not a lie, everyone at work has had them, everyone at my old job has had them, all my friends at uni have/have had them, my parents, my lecturers I'd go so far to say my neighbors, but I don't really know them.

I came to the conclusion in grade 11 that it's weird not to have braces these days.

Point being, chill young fella, they're basically just a part of adolescence now, just wear them with pride and make various half-man-half-machine jokes.

And if all else fails, tell them you've recently joined a gangster rap posse and these are your entry level 'grills'.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on