Pretty cool sh*t. Went on my xbox today, and I can now join parties and play online. but it says i'm still a silver member.

edit: i can play gta 4 online, midnight club la online, but i can't play halo online. for halo it says i need to upgrade to gold.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

uhwut
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

xbox live silver = free

xbox live gold = not free
you brought a hooker to church?
If you're playing online for free it's probably b/c Microsoft decided to give all 6-7 Zune users free XBL?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by ghostnineone
xbox live silver = free

ya but on silver ur not supposed to be able to join parties and play online... so im have gold due 2 a glitch or summin, idunno.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

It's the weekend. They let you play for free at weekends (Not sure if it's all weekends or just occasionally)
i want a 360, and some xbox live...
FOR FREE!

PeaceLoveUnityRespect
Quote by guitar99099
ya but on silver ur not supposed to be able to join parties and play online... so im have gold due 2 a glitch or summin, idunno.

false.

you can chat, and join parties (parties are new) and you can play some games online,

and if its telling you that you need to upgrade to gold, then you obviously dont have gold
Wasn't there a massive update two weeks ago or something? Maybe they allow that for everyone now.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
im just gonna leave this here...

Membership Levels
Silver Membership. Gold Membership.
Gold Membership

Xbox LIVE Gold is a premium membership that lets you play games with friends online. Gold membership includes all the features of Silver (below) plus additional benefits and features.

* Multiplayer games: Invite your friends into a multiplayer match and compete against each other or play co-op through expansive adventures.
* Marketplace: Gold members get early and exclusive access to select game add-ons, demos, trailers, videos, and more.
* TrueSkill matchmaking: For every ranked game you play, TrueSkill finds the best match for your skill level.
* Parties: Invite a group of friends into an Xbox LIVE Party, then you can all join games and play and chat together.
* Gamer feedback: Use the feedback system to select players you want to play with (or avoid) the next time you're online.
* Watch Netflix movies: Xbox LIVE Gold members who also belong to Netflix can watch Netflix’s extensive library of streaming movies and TV shows right on their console at no additional charge

Gold Membership.

A Gold membership costs $49.99 for one year—less than five dollars a month! Xbox LIVE Gold cards can also be purchased at your favorite game retailer for a three- or twelve-month membership. You can also subscribe online using your Xbox 360, or join now right here on Xbox.com.
Silver Membership

Xbox LIVE Silver is a free service that allows any Xbox 360 user with a broadband connection to get online and interact with the Xbox LIVE community.

* Gamer profile: Showcase your online reputation and achievements for your friends to see.
* Avatar: Share the customized Avatar that represents your online identity.
* Friends list: Add other Xbox LIVE users to your friends list and chat using the headset or send text messages.
* Marketplace: Download free content from Marketplace such as demos, trailers, music videos, dashboard themes, and lots more.
* Microsoft Points: Redeem Microsoft Points (available at retail stores or through Xbox LIVE) for extra game content, Arcade games, movies and TV shows, independent videos, and more.
* Gold Weekends: Look for special offers from Xbox LIVE that let you experience the excitement of multiplayer gaming free.
Last edited by ghostnineone at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by ghostnineone
false.

you can chat, and join parties (parties are new) and you can play some games online,

and if its telling you that you need to upgrade to gold, then you obviously dont have gold

I'm pretty sure that on silver you can't play ANY online multiplayer game online.

Read this.
“There are two levels of service for Xbox LIVE. The Silver level is free and lets you download content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, chat with friends, and share your gamer profile and achievements with other users. The Gold Level is a paid service with all of the Silver level benefits, plus with the ability to play multiplayer games online against other members of the Xbox LIVE community, create parties and join games with friends, and, if you’re a Netflix member, even watch streaming movies right on your Xbox 360.”
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by guitar99099
I'm pretty sure that on silver you can't play ANY online multiplayer game online.

Read this.
“There are two levels of service for Xbox LIVE. The Silver level is free and lets you download content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, chat with friends, and share your gamer profile and achievements with other users. The Gold Level is a paid service with all of the Silver level benefits, plus with the ability to play multiplayer games online against other members of the Xbox LIVE community, create parties and join games with friends, and, if you’re a Netflix member, even watch streaming movies right on your Xbox 360.”

it might be a gold weekend, but im pretty sure theres some games that do work with silver, i think 1 vs 100 is one of them
Quote by ghostnineone
it might be a gold weekend, but im pretty sure theres some games that do work with silver, i think 1 vs 100 is one of them

Well I have a gold card, but i'm not gonna use it until it wont let me play online anymore lol.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Kinda random question here, but i have an old school xbox and i'm wondering if i can still get Xbox live and if so where?
Quote by ghostnineone
xbox live silver = free

thiys, and gold costs 40 quid a year.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Misticalz
If you're playing online for free it's probably b/c Microsoft decided to give all 6-7 Zune users free XBL?

I have a zune and I paid for live
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
OK guys. Read the tmobile sidekick advertisement on the dashboard.

It clearly states that t-mobile is giveing all the silver memberships gold membership attributes for limited time.

XBL Gamertag: P e b L e y z (all spaces.)
Fack,I need to get a 360 again especially since The Beatles Rock Band is coming out!!!!

/Beatlemania
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Fack,I need to get a 360 again especially since The Beatles Rock Band is coming out!!!!

/Beatlemania

For me, its either the remasters or the game

I'm going with the remasters