wasnt too sure where to post this, but other than that...

taken off of the slipknot forums

Chi from the Deftones was in a car accident that left him in a coma. Although he is getting better, donations are necessary to keep him supplied with medicine. Fieldy of Korn got multiple artists from across the metal map to create a song for Chi. A full list of contributors is below. Also below are links to the music video for the song and a link to the website where donations can be made.

Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFH1_bH2wmE

Website
http://modlife.com/asongforchi

Contributors:
Jim Root (Slipknot)
Sid (Slipknot)
Ray Luzier (Korn)
Fieldy (Korn), Dave McClain (Machine Head)
Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
Clint Lowery (Sevendust)
Morgan Rose (Sevendust)
Brian 'Head' Welch (formerly of Korn)
Munky (Korn)
Wayne Lozinak (Hatebreed)
Wuv (POD)
Mike Wengren (Disturbed)
Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage)

A free download of the song is available on the website.
GEAR
Peavey 5150 (block lettered)
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Ibanez RG7620 w/ EMG 707s
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Last edited by ibanez_6784 at Aug 29, 2009,
donations are necessary to keep a multi-million dollar heavy rockstar who earns more in a month than most people do in 5 years supplied with medicine?

bullshit
EDIT: ESPECIALLY with "friends" from Korn, Slipknot etc! They're all ****ing rich, people should put any money they're willing to donate into a small savings account in case anyone close to them gets sick or in an accident!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 29, 2009,
He's rich, wtf does he need?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

What kind of *****..
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

did you watch the vid on the website, hes been in a coma over a year, even a rock star cant afford that much medical bills, that **** can cost thousands of dollars a day. im sure all his famous friends donated alot but still. if you like the deftones donate, if not dont simple as that.
Quote by TheEmoStrangler
did you watch the vid on the website, hes been in a coma over a year, even a rock star cant afford that much medical bills, that **** can cost thousands of dollars a day. im sure all his famous friends donated alot but still. if you like the deftones donate, if not dont simple as that.

Let him die. Chi shiavo isn't worth it
Quote by captaincrunk
Let him die. Chi shiavo isn't worth it

its Chi Cheng and what the hell does it matter if you are famous or not, if the same thing happened to you wouldn't you hope your friends and family would do everything they can to help you and your family through something like this, everyone is entitled to there opinion doesn't mean you have to be a douche bag.

edit: deftones are not really that big, and most rock stars especially in metal do not make millions of dollars, most of them live in average houses and alot of them still work normal jobs.
Last edited by TheEmoStrangler at Aug 29, 2009,
Good song though except for Korn's bassist hitting his strings with a hammer.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
i personally agree with TheEmoStrangler
first off, this subject is about Chi Cheng, the Deftones bass player, secondly, i have absolutely no idea who Chi Shiavo is anyways

Quote by Early Cuyler
a song for building chi?

man you're WAAY off topic, lemme redo the title of this thread
GEAR
Peavey 5150 (block lettered)
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Ibanez RG7620 w/ EMG 707s
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by CoreysMonster
donations are necessary to keep a multi-million dollar heavy rockstar who earns more in a month than most people do in 5 years supplied with medicine?

bullshit
EDIT: ESPECIALLY with "friends" from Korn, Slipknot etc! They're all ****ing rich, people should put any money they're willing to donate into a small savings account in case anyone close to them gets sick or in an accident!

This. Seriously.
i wanna learn clint lowerys part. anyone know where to find the tabs for that? if they even exist, that is :P