My latest song

Started with the acoustic intro, next thing I know its a full song.

Enjoy, c4c as always.

Quote by Lyrics

Matriarch of Sorrow

Verse 1:
=========
The ice queen of outer Vraal
Approaches with utmost haste
Her minions in the billions
Their only purpose to enslave

Her veins emmanate fear
Her eyes: from a distant world
Descended from another dimension
Their intent vague and obscure

Chorus:
=========
The matriarch of sorrow
Drains you of your blood
Ice cold thoughts nourishes
those that are lost

Verse 2:
=========
Formed from the matter of darkness
Polar energy within
The ether that surrounds us
Are filled with malicious intent

Last Verse:
=========
The dreams of winter
Are such a beautiful sight
Eternal peace and hatred
Equilibrium as our worlds collide

Chorus:
=========
The matriarch of sorrow
Drains you of your blood
Ice cold thoughts nourishes
those that are lost

Outro:
========
Give in
Join us in sin
Procreate
Give birth to evil entities
Let the ice run through your veins

Attachments:
Matriarch_of_sorrow_by_tabreezazad.zip
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Aug 29, 2009,
best original tab ive seen on this site!
really good, love the solo and the interlude
lyrics are good too and suit the feel of the song
Dig a tunnel of light through ignorant walls
Thanks for the crit, critting as I listen.

Digging the intro but when the lead breaks into the higher notes, it sounds a little off. I really liked the grooviness of the first riff, except for the fourth bar of the riff...sounds a little off-kilter.

I liked the verse riff, it's a little nauseating The chorus riff was alright, I just didn't like the choice of progression.

Instrumental bit was fantastic however, the ending chords of the first riff sounded kind of useless (in terms of the riff). The drums really drove this section, a lot of power in here. Solo was pretty good, a little too wandering, but when it got into that E-E-S-S-S-S Note pattern with the sweeping, I started to really enjoy it, very catchy.

Can't comment on outro riffs, already did. The outro solo was just sweeping, but it fit so it's fine.

9/10. Awesome parts and good parts, but a few chord choices threw it off a bit. But, maybe that's the point
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Maaannn!! As always you've done great job! You ****in' rule in death-metal-ish stuff! Keep going 'n stay true!
Pretty cool man It's written well, the drums sound good, and it flows nicely. I really like the instrumental part. The outro reminds me of The Faceless. 8/10
VERY good i say!! I love whole song! Lyrics are sooo cool!

9,5/10
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Drop A.. YUSSSSSSSSSS

Intro -

Simple and to the point, I really enjoyed it. The sounded great over top but when you moved up to the D it sounded kinda off, other than that it was great.

Verse -

If it wasn't for the badass lyrics this riff would have became really repetitive, it sounded solid though. The guitar swapping on the trem riff sounded badass too.

Chorus -

Chorus was ****ing dope! Sounded like some eery opeth **** that mated with the faceless. Sounded really good. The transition into the pre-verse sounded great too.

Instrumental -

Gotta love the bass breaks eh? Perfect rhythm to lead into the guitar, sounded sick.

Solo -

Sounded like you kinda rushed through this, it wasn't that bad but a few of the bars sounded off (ie. 80-84)

Interlude -

This was by far the coolest bit in the song, the sweeping sounded great over top.

Outro -

Outro was ****ing epic! Really reminded me of something from the faceless or maybe burning the masses, fade out at the end really added too.

---------

Overall I'd say this is a badass song, the lyrics really gave you a feel for it and fitted perfectly, the leads were great as well. All I could say to fix is in the intro when the lead went higher and bars 80-84 in the solo. Great work man, keep it up.

9/10
The intro was sweet. It caught me off guard since it's labeled death metal.

Tempo change and Verse is also good. Props for making a unique death metal riff. Getting me to like a death metal song is uncommon, but yours succeeded.

The solo was cool, I enjoyed the weirdness to it and the way you phrased it.

I thought transitioning to the chorus was not smooth enough.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the others on the outro. I thought it did not fit as well as you could have made it. The rest of the song had a grinding, groovy rhythm, then the sweeping comes in and it sounds like you're trying to fit in more notes than possible.

All in all this was an excellent song. Like I said, death metal tabs become a chore for me to listen to but every once in a while I hear one that's got originality and is enjoyable, and yours is one of them.
Thanks for the many crits guys!

Glad to see you guys enjoyed it.

@Faceless_khaos: I had been listening to Planetary Duality a lot this week, looks like it rubbed off on me lol. The backing riff to the sweeps (instrumental) was inspired by Decapitated.

I love the sweeps at the end, I was just ****ing around on ze guitar and voila, I can't play it to speed it b/c of the 2 notes on the 4th string, gonna take me another week to get it down to a science, thank god for metronomes
The cleansing has begun.
I dont have much to say cuz i would repeat myself alot, this was totally brutal and I loved it
Quote by xxmh
I dont have much to say cuz i would repeat myself alot, this was totally brutal and I loved it

Thanks man
The cleansing has begun.
Alright.
Overall crit: Use a scale, a key, anything but chromaticism. All the changes and stuff, made the listening pleasure very diluted.
Lyrics: Uhh, right, no offense, but Maybe you should get a little less cliche.

Intro: The acoustic stop, kindof annoyed me. Personally , I think it should've flowed through. and changing up a bit.
When the leads kicked in, it began to sound happy. I don't know where that came from but, yeah, it was decent. Until the bends.
"Tempo Change": Yeah, bar 13, not cool. It's so... choppy.
Verse: It was okay, not really much ... fun though.
Chorus: Weakest part of the whole song. By Far. Put some more rhythm into it, or power. The rest of the song is a variety of beatdowns, that however killed the vibe.
Bridge: boring, same as chorus.
Instrumental: Strongest part of the song. Best for a verse, by far. Good job.
Solo: Okay, I take the chorus thing back. This is the weakest part. You barely have any progression in vibrato, phrasing, dynamics etc. Youre not a lead player, are you? It would've been far better without the solo. Do you mind if I write my own to it? just to see if its the rhythm or not?
Interlude: May I fix? Good idea but its out of order.
Outro: I hated the outro sweeping, but overall it was okay.

Overall a 6.5/10
Sorry if it seems harsh.
Quote by Bitter|Symphony
Alright.
Overall crit: Use a scale, a key, anything but chromaticism. All the changes and stuff, made the listening pleasure very diluted.
Lyrics: Uhh, right, no offense, but Maybe you should get a little less cliche.

Intro: The acoustic stop, kindof annoyed me. Personally , I think it should've flowed through. and changing up a bit.
When the leads kicked in, it began to sound happy. I don't know where that came from but, yeah, it was decent. Until the bends.
"Tempo Change": Yeah, bar 13, not cool. It's so... choppy.
Verse: It was okay, not really much ... fun though.
Chorus: Weakest part of the whole song. By Far. Put some more rhythm into it, or power. The rest of the song is a variety of beatdowns, that however killed the vibe.
Bridge: boring, same as chorus.
Instrumental: Strongest part of the song. Best for a verse, by far. Good job.
Solo: Okay, I take the chorus thing back. This is the weakest part. You barely have any progression in vibrato, phrasing, dynamics etc. Youre not a lead player, are you? It would've been far better without the solo. Do you mind if I write my own to it? just to see if its the rhythm or not?
Interlude: May I fix? Good idea but its out of order.
Outro: I hated the outro sweeping, but overall it was okay.

Overall a 6.5/10
Sorry if it seems harsh.

Harsh? Not at all, thats what crits are.

If everyone gave me a good crit, well, that means it's a horrible song. I am glad to see someone speaking their mind =)

Keep in mind though that this is death metal, chromaticism is staple (of sorts) to this genre. It is also my playing style, not every band has to follow a universal idea of "harmony/melody and dissonance", I like my stuff to, for the lack of a better word, "ugly".

I learned to play guitar by myself, no lessons as is the case w/ many guitarists these days. As a result I never learned scales or keys, I just know how to play and what to play that comes from within, I suppose its about time I learned some theory other than note durations....

Lyrics, haha, yes, I know they are cliched, that was the point...

Tempo change/choppy riff, once again, was my intention for it to be choppy, that was the overall feel of this song.

Chorus, I too agree, this was the weakest part of the song in my eyes; too lazy to change it and not sure what to replace it with.

Solo, go ahead, replace mine with one of yours; I would like to hear what it would sound like to the backing riff. Bar 84-87 was put in at the last second w/o much consideration. I needed something there to transition to the interlude, which btw, is my favorite part of the song. Opinions and semantics.

Outro was decent in my books, I like the sweep b/c its challenging.

Thanks for the well thought out crit man and I implore you to crit my other works from now on, I like objectiveness unless you were just picking at faults.

If you have anything that needs critted, give me a link.
The cleansing has begun.