Hello, Me and my friend are interested in starting to jam together a bit. We both play electric guitar and I'm wondering if you can recommend some metal songs that are fun to play together (Not sorta all rhythm and easy).

We have been playing Chapter Four by Avenged Sevenfold together which we find fun with the harmonies, etc. We're both intermediate, so nothing too challenging.

Thanks
I wanna be your dog - the stooges. best jam song ever.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Archieisted
try some metallica and megadeth

We're interested in kinda newer stuff, Metalcore, etc.. But like Song names help, cos Metallica has alot
for metalcore? umm, Tears don't fall by bullet, My curse by Killswitch. Look up some trivium aswell.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
through the fire and the flames by dragon force; its easy and has a really basic solo

edited for grammer because apprently odvious sarcasm wasnt enough
Last edited by Archieisted at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Cheso
We're interested in kinda newer stuff, Metalcore, etc.. But like Song names help, cos Metallica has alot

Well for Metalcore...

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire, only real shred song I can think from them. Not a big fan but that's real fun to play.

Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver (Dio Cover), My Curse, Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, etc. A lot of KSE songs are good for shredding, I just hope you two can do harmonics.

All That Remains - Not Alone, Six, The Air That I Breathe, The Weak Willed, all of the "Fall of Ideals" album.

Other bands would be August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, and on a heavier note, Bring Me The Horizon (Also not a fan).

Pick one.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Metalcore

Caliban - I rape myself, Nothings forever
Bullet for my valentine - Scream Aim Fire, Waking The Demon, Tears Don't Fall
Killswitch Engage - The end of heartache, Holy diver , My curse.
As I Lay Dying - Elegy, 94 hours
Escape the fate(not metalcore but meh) - My apocalypse, the guillotine, There's no sympathy for the dead.
A day to remember - (not metalcore either) _ Mr. Highways thinking about the and, I'm made of wax, larry what are you made of?, Why walk on water when we have boats?
Bring me the horizon (newer stuff is metalcore ish) - Sleep with one eye open, Chelsea smile, pray for plagues, Medusa
Some bleeding through, Malefice(some say metalcore), Bless the fall, August burns red, Glamour of the kill
Hope they help.........
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Archieisted
htrough the fire and the flames by dragon force, its easy and has a really basic solo

They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Archieisted
htrough the fire and the flames by dragon force, its easy and has a really basic solo

If you're going to fail, at least fail with good grammar.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by ZeroCS
Well for Metalcore...

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire, only real shred song I can think from them. Not a big fan but that's real fun to play.

Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver (Dio Cover), My Curse, Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, etc. A lot of KSE songs are good for shredding, I just hope you two can do harmonics.

All That Remains - Not Alone, Six, The Air That I Breathe, The Weak Willed, all of the "Fall of Ideals" album.

Other bands would be August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, and on a heavier note, Bring Me The Horizon (Also not a fan).

Pick one.

Thanks that was helpful.

Scream Aim Fire looks like it would be fun to play. I like listening to All That Remains but a bit hard I think :P I don't mind Killswitch but i prefer a bit more melodic stuff
I'd go for some Iron Maiden, becuase there fun, and you can share the harmonizing parts.
Quote by Cheso
Thanks that was helpful.

Scream Aim Fire looks like it would be fun to play. I like listening to All That Remains but a bit hard I think :P I don't mind Killswitch but i prefer a bit more melodic stuff

I love KSE myself but I have the same problem with their songs, some just seems to be out of sync with the rest of the band. You should listen to some of their older stuff, when they had Jesse as their lead singer. My Last Serenade is an addicting riff.

More songs would be:
Human Hive - Anterior
Too Many ****wits... Too Few Bullets - Maintain
Evolution:reload - Echidna
Dying Breed - Deadlock
New Bloodshed - Without A Name
The Blessing - Slowmotion Apocalypse
Norse Demise - Brother Von Doom
Cross The Lines - Malummeh
Indulgence - Godless Crusade
Exile - Light This City

^Some are kind of death-ish but still melodic.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

You could try playing a little bring me the horizon
yeah ino everyone hates the thought of playing their songs but they actualy do have some fun songs to play together
try traitors never play hangman.
You could also try a little as i lay dying i would definatly recommend this, 94 hours of forever.
Trivium- dying in your arms, down from the sky( they use 7 strings so not sure if this is playable) lots of trivium are good because they have great harmonies

Metallica- fade to black; really easy to improv over and you and your freind can switch roles and what not
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Lamb of God has some sick songs, some good harmonies and they have really interesting rhythms (two people both playing rhythm parts but their different and together they sound really sick). But yeah trivium, all that remains, kse is all really good
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Lamb of God has some sick songs, some good harmonies and they have really interesting rhythms (two people both playing rhythm parts but their different and together they sound really sick). But yeah trivium, all that remains, kse is all really good
I wouldn't do Lamb of Go,d their stuff is pretty hard for an intermediate guitarist.