Can anyone recommend any wide-necked guitars I should look out for? I play an Ibanez atm and though my fingers are long they're quite rounded at the end, so I end up muting strings while playing chords at times. I've played my friend's strat (but I don't want a strat) which seems a bit more comfy. I tend to play with a high action too...

Let's say I have an £500/$800 budget and I like smaller brands.

Forgot to mention I'm in the UK, so guitars that I could get (and maybe try) there would be great.
Last edited by Vixus at Aug 29, 2009,
My girlfriend's LP copy has a much wider neck than my LTD, so i'd say maybe some form of LP
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
Quote by AvAHixson
My girlfriend's LP copy has a much wider neck than my LTD, so i'd say maybe some form of LP

^ ESP guitars are 42mm nut width while Gibson has standard 43mm. Ibanez also uses 43mm standard. But there going to be a different feel to it since their neck profile are not the same.

Check out Agile. They have some wide neck guitars. Just go to rondomusic and type "wide" on the top searchbar.

Also check out Raven West guitars. I think they have like 44~45mm nut width on some of their guitars. Their neck spec seems quite thick, too.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 29, 2009,
Problem may be that your Ibanez (i assume) has a D profile. Whereas you probably prefer a C shape (Most people do i think). So it might just be the shape. Ermm...only real solutions are A) a new guitar. I'd recommend some type of SG (i'm a lover) B) Assuming you have a bolt on neck you might be able to replace your neck.
Ive never played one so I cant confirm it but I heard the Zack Wylde LP has a wide neck
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
^ nah... Still 43mm. Plus the neck is slim-tapered

One weird thing is that my friend who have been playing ibanez with Wizard II D profile 43mm neck swears that he feels the neck on my H-1001 C-profile 42mm is wider. I say the neck profile might create the illusion of neck width on some cases.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Hmm, I actually quite like the profile of the Wizard II because it doesn't fill my hand as much as the strat does (bar chords were a little more difficult on my friend's strat even though his action was waaaay lower than mine). In fact my acoustic has essentially the same profile as the Ibanez, just a slightly wider neck. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll hunt around.