I don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but isn't this common sense (I should say, "known for years")?

It's the same with 3 chord pop songs that are being sold the most, instead of the real musical explorings.

It's the reason why Corvette's sell.

**** quality, but they look sporty and go fast.

Microsoft Windows, A lot of viruses, bad customising options (in comparision to for example Ubuntu/Linux) etc.

And the list goes on.

It's always the jack of all trades, master of none that sells the most, because the most people can relate to it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but isn't this common sense (I should say, "known for years")?

It's the same with 3 chord pop songs that are being sold the most, instead of the real musical explorings.

It's the reason why Corvette's sell.

**** quality, but they look sporty and go fast.

It's always the jack of all trades, master of none that sells the most, because the most people can relate to it.

yeah, my main beef with the article is that it treats something that's probably been there ever since humanity started to buy and sell as some new phenomenon.

But he/she has a point, maybe technology has reached a point where it can't help but become more and more advanced, that it becomes too complicated for the ordinary human to use.

Still though, complication does not mean not user friendly. Look at Windows.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
yeah, my main beef with the article is that it treats something that's probably been there ever since humanity started to buy and sell as some new phenomenon.

But he/she has a point, maybe technology has reached a point where it can't help but become more and more advanced, that it becomes too complicated for the ordinary human to use.

Lol what you said reminded me of a slightly unrelated thing;

Because Technology is already far more advanced then what you see on the market now.

They keep technology behind their back for economical reasons.

Example:

The best hard drive sold is 1 Gb.

I already made a 500 Gb drive.

If I bring that on the market, then I can't make it worth 10000 dollars, because then it wouldn't sell all that much.

So what do you do?

You bring out a disk of 50 gb one year, and the next year 200 gb.

It ensures job security for at least 3 years, and makes you more money, because people will buy it anyway.

I mean, Armstrong was on the moon in 1969, and the first portable mp3 player took 30+ years to be ïnvented"?

llol

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Laces Out Danny

Quote by xxdarrenxx
I mean, Armstrong was on the moon in 1969, and we only have duel core processors 40 years later?

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

No it was just a random idea to illustrate that companies bring out technology that will be good enough to sell, instead of their best tech.

I mean hard drives get bigger storage like every 2 months, and computers are outdated within a year.

You can't tell me that suddenly everyone became a very fast inventor?

My dad works at the airforce, and if you saw how automated fighter yet can solve issues, and analyse targets based on multiple factors within a milisecond, then it's hard to believe that our computers are the "best tech" that is available on the market.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??