okay this is what happened from the start

I decided to restring my guitar cos the strings were old (8months old) the guitar had never had all the strings done before. I took off the thinnest string 1st did that and everything was fine.

Next i took off the thickest string and did that. After this however my amp made this horrible screaming noise and when it wasnt plugged in a i got this tinny sound, also my electric tunner said it was making a noise when i wasnt touching it so im sure its the guitar. I took off the thickest string and its still off. Next i did the B string and this worked okkay but now when i plug it i get more horrible screaming.

Acousticly the guitar is fine and i had none of these problems before restringing it.
could it be that the input jack went just as i was restringing it?
could it be uneven tention on that neck?
should i take it to a shop or is there an easy way to fix it?

thanks
You left the guitar plugged in as you re-strung it? Possibly the strings touched the pickups?
Get all the strings on, stretched, and tuned up to standard pitch...then see if you have issues. Don't have your buddy start attacking the thing over a simple string change, if it played fine before you shouldn't be looking at any major issue here.

Also when posting guitar problems it can be very helpful to state from the start what kind of guitar, in this case also whether it's got active or passive pickups, etc.

My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
wtf why did you restring it plugged in?... probly major tension changes, strings touching the pickups etc screwed them up... idk tho, thats just my theorys
Sounds to me like its something shorting in the control area. When you re-string you hold the guitar in unusual positions and angled so the slightest thing could have shifted inside and be causing it. Also in there, there could be a 'dry' solder joint that is no longer making proper contact. If you are good with a soldering iron, it should be a simple enough job to go over all the joins and re-set them.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Sounds to me like its something shorting in the control area. When you re-string you hold the guitar in unusual positions and angled so the slightest thing could have shifted inside and be causing it. Also in there, there could be a 'dry' solder joint that is no longer making proper contact. If you are good with a soldering iron, it should be a simple enough job to go over all the joins and re-set them.

ah that sounds likely, however i dont know any1 who knows about electronics so how much would it cost to have a shop do it?

and i posted again because i didnt sau enpough about it