Alright. As we all know, I'm a 16 year old bassist that's strapped for cash and stuck with a POS Crate. I love me some Jaco and my mids are important to me, as is an amp that's clear, punchy, and of course, bassy. I like, of course, a Jaco-like tone when I'm playing jazz/funk and a Ryan Martinie-ish tone for metal and the like. Very similar if you've ever actually listened to it. So, bass forum, what amp am I getting? One of those two amps, and ignore the price.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Bump?
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by higgins666
Out of the two, I'd go for the Hartke, but when the EQ is flat it has a natural mid scoop, so you'll need to push the mids abit more. It's a very nice clean amp & when you shove an OD infront of it, it snarls like a rabid wolf watching a fat kid run

Thanks! Adding a poll so I can get more opinions. I don't have anywhere near me where I can play a Hartke and I did like the GK. It just lacked some warmth. So if the Hartke can still get a good trebley and midrangey sound like the GK with a bit more warmth, that'd be perfect. Or if it's closer to the Jaco/Martinie sound, that's even better.

EDIT: Nevermind, can't remember how to add a poll.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Last edited by Cody_Grey102 at Aug 30, 2009,