is there some kind of recording (ok well not really recording) software but like mixer software where I can listen to only one part of a song. like say I only want to listen to the lead guitar on a song. Is there something i can download for that?
Basically impossible. There are some companies working on software that may eventually be able to do as you described, but don't bet on it any time soon.

What songs/artists are you interested in? I might have the multitrack tapes if you're lucky.
Quote by kyle62
Basically impossible. There are some companies working on software that may eventually be able to do as you described, but don't bet on it any time soon.

What songs/artists are you interested in? I might have the multitrack tapes if you're lucky.

Right now I'm interested in which bands you have multitracks from
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
well look on line for there mix stems
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by TRiggER2117
is there some kind of recording (ok well not really recording) software but like mixer software where I can listen to only one part of a song. like say I only want to listen to the lead guitar on a song. Is there something i can download for that?

the best you could manage is getting rid of the vocals, using a programme such as audacity. you can also pan it to just left or right, so if a band has one guitar part left and one right, you can choose which you want to listen to on it's own. that's the closest you can get to what you described.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Pretty much impossible as has been said before. The best you can hope for is a piece of software called DNA by Celemony, it has yet to be released but it can seperate frequencies. Ofcourse it works best for single instruments.
Quote by maggot9779
Pretty much impossible as has been said before. The best you can hope for is a piece of software called DNA by Celemony, it has yet to be released but it can seperate frequencies. Ofcourse it works best for single instruments.

There is Melodyne too, but both of them cost a fortune.

So basically no. It's like asking for vegetable soup without the carrots - you need the carrots taken out before, and not after, the soup's made.

Out of curiosity, which bands release their stems anyway? NIN and for some trakcs Radiohead do, but I haven't heard of anyone else doing it...
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.