Page 1 of 2
After months of problems with Indie Guitars putting off producing a lefty guitar for me, I solved the problem - using more money

It's a Suhr Pro Series S3... I forgot to photograph the spec sheet but you can find specs on the website for S3s if you really want to.. anyway - the pictures:

Last edited by Notmewtwoguitar at Aug 29, 2009,
You are one serious bad man now!... Best guitars made, besides james tyler, PRS, martyn booth and vigier.

It sucks you're a lefty
Quote by SimplyBen
The top on that is beautiful! HNGD dude, hows she play?

Incredibly - so many clever little innovations or touches that make it easier to play! So comfortable and lgiht as well - it's perfectly shaped to your body. It's got a great tone to it - I've only been playing it for the last half hour, but so far it's handled everything incredibly

I am so so so happy with this
I went from an Ibanez GIO to this - so the difference is huge. So far the challenge is proving to be finding a setting were this doesn't sound good
awesome! you definitely don't see many of those around here
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by BrashPersona
You are one serious bad man now!... Best guitars made, besides james tyler, PRS, martyn booth and vigier.

It sucks you're a lefty

I've been going to a Suhr/PRS/Warwick/G&L dealer for quite some time, and have played a majority of the guitars they keep in stock.

I can tell you Suhr's quality is consistantly better than PRS. I notice little mistakes on the PRS's binding paintjob, and the knobs on crooked quite often. Suhr has more solid feeling jacks, better pickups, tend to be much less muddy but still warm, and has the knobs on straight and a perfect binding.

I'm not by any means saying PRS isn't worth up to $4000. All of their guitars are worth buying, they just tend to let more slide than suhr does.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
congrats mate, much better than that indie you wanted
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
HNGD! time to update your sig =]
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I like your matching shirt.

That GREEN flamed maple top is one of the sexiest greens I've ever seen. The EC-1000 in See-thru green is pretty sexy... so I dunno. It's almost a dead tie.
Quote by Archieisted
i feel your lefty pain

Haha not pain now - I'm incredibly happy! They don't rip off left handers either, because they can just (presumably) flip all the CAD shapes so it cuts them left-handed. The guitars are made one at a time anyway - so they don't make a loss.

Thanks guys
*drools*
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

HNGD! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
That thing looks sexy! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Finally. Someone gets a new guitar that I like. Most of these are like "Hey! Check out my new low end such and such".
Awesome.

Really, really awesome. I've been wanting a Suhr for so long now...

Quote by splamron

I believe the ProS3's are listed at about $3200?
Last edited by Y00p at Aug 29, 2009,
HNGD!! I am drooling over that top!!

Pups good? I have wanted a Suhr forever, but lack the cash
Man, this is the second Suhr thread in a week, isn't it?

This has been a good week.

Happy New Suhr Day.
Sexy finish bro, HNGD!
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by splamron

£1800 from Guitarguitar

Quote by mamosa
HNGD!! I am drooling over that top!!

Pups good? I have wanted a Suhr forever, but lack the cash

Haha yeah the top is every bit as nice in person

Pickups are fantastic! I just love the tone of this thing. The humbucker in the bridge with the single coils in the middle and neck positions works really well for me.

Save save save!!! If you've tried one and you like it - you'll never regret the money afterwards.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Awesome guitar but it's backwards.

But nobody else I know can play my own guitar better than me BECAUSE it's backwards.

Quote by haz_uk
man, that's brutal. suhr are nothing short of sublime.

I have to agree
Quote by MESAexplorer
I've been going to a Suhr/PRS/Warwick/G&L dealer for quite some time, and have played a majority of the guitars they keep in stock.

I can tell you Suhr's quality is consistantly better than PRS. I notice little mistakes on the PRS's binding paintjob, and the knobs on crooked quite often. Suhr has more solid feeling jacks, better pickups, tend to be much less muddy but still warm, and has the knobs on straight and a perfect binding.

I'm not by any means saying PRS isn't worth up to $4000. All of their guitars are worth buying, they just tend to let more slide than suhr does.

PRS paint their guitars? oh... I haven't seen many. Other than the Navarro model, which is one that they have discontinued.

Anyway I disagree with you as regard to consistency and your view on their pick ups. They have many different pick ups available for different sounds. I don't know how someone that plays such expensive guitars and has experience can make such an idiotic statement as "better pick ups". Also you might just prefer brighter sounding pick ups, it does not make suhr pick ups "better".

And finally, PRS probably manufacturer about 5,000 guitars with shop value of £2,000 which is their high end stuff with 10 tops etc.... each week. And suhr probably manage about 10 maximum.

Peace.
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
But nobody else I know can play my own guitar better than me BECAUSE it's backwards.

This man could give you a run for ya money!

Except he's dead, .... did you know?
Quote by BrashPersona

This man could give you a run for ya money!

Except he's dead, .... did you know?

Thank god I don't know Jimi Hendrix Or another left-handed player at all!
Last edited by Notmewtwoguitar at Aug 30, 2009,
Very, very nice. I am currently GASing for a Suhr Tele. I have never seen anything but beautiful guitars wear the Suhr name and yours is no exception. Congrats. By the way how do the Suhr and the TT get along?
HNGD , the finish on that is sexy as **** !
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by fretz86
Very, very nice. I am currently GASing for a Suhr Tele. I have never seen anything but beautiful guitars wear the Suhr name and yours is no exception. Congrats. By the way how do the Suhr and the TT get along?

Very nicely indeed - TT has cool bluesy to rock tones... and the Suhr is great at these

I'm not much of a nob tweaker - I prefer to just turn it on and play... hence why I have an amp with just 3 controls... but with a little more effort I'm sure it would produce some really nice SRV tones etc. - I can get great blues tones like that with very little effort

Quote by joeymaxx
Did you put that top on to match the guitar?

HNGD

Haha no, I actually bought the guitar to match the top

... If I'm honest it was just a coincidence... I like the colour green... and blue :P
Gorgeous mate, not to sure about the matching jumper thought, HNGD!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Page 1 of 2