I hope some of you guys can help me out on this one

okay so my guitar teacher suggested i get a heavier gauge of strings 10-52 ernie ball
to increase my lower rock/metal sound, i used to have 10-46 ernie ball strings, so when i restringed my guitar and played and tuned the strings right, i noticed that if i strum my normal strength it would cause a buzz, no matter if it was open or on any frets so i wonder what i should do
did you take all the strings off the guitar when changing them?

did you try raising the bridge a little?

did you want to measure your neck's relief?

are the strings fitting correctly in the nut cuts?

is it all strings?

does the buzz transmit thru the amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the strings that buzz are the bottom 3, the wound ones
also i took the strings of one at a time
the buzz does go through the amp
and the strings are fitted correctly

also can you raise the action without changing the innotation, and how high should i raise it, what measurements from the fretboard
Last edited by esp 4 life at Aug 29, 2009,
is it a floyd, strat style or a TOM?

you can't lift the bridge without adjusting the intonation a little, but it's just tuning. and tbh, that should be checked constantly anyway.

to see how to adjust the action at the bridge, click the green link in my sig and read the action section on the first page.

if you dont get your answer, or if it doesnt help then look over the neck measurement section and post back here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Ernie Balls always buzz for a while, then they settle down.

But anyway, EB's are like gum, they start out strong, then they just start to suck.

D'addarios!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

ok well, the how to raise the bridge for TOM is on the first page.

try and post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62