Page 1 of 16
Yesterday morning my girlfriend and I were woken up at 6am by a loud banging noise on my front door. I got up to check what the hell it was and got as far as the hallway before the door gave way and several police officers rushed me, pinned me down and handcuffed me. They did the same to my girlfriend then demanded to know where my weed was. I told them where the couple of spliffs worth of herb we had left was but they still insisted on tearing the place apart, taking my grinder, all my pipes and my chalice.
After about two hours of searching and questioning they took us down to the police station where we spent most of the day giving statements and being interviewed seperately. My girlfriend was sent home at about three but I was kept until five when they finally sent me home to find the flat like a bombsite and my girlfriend in tears.
I still don't know exactly what they were looking for (since they wouldn't have come solely for the megre ammount of herb we did have) but from the sounds of it they thought I was either growing or selling ganja because I found out earlier today that they detained and searched my friend Chris when he showed up to get back a couple of CDs I borrowed from him.

I am incredibly angry about this. Its been a traumatic experience and I really can't see how it achieved anything apart from putting us through a lot of stress (and another court appearance soon) and wasting taxpayers money for no gain.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'd love to know why weed is illegal, while salvia isn't. It's pathetic.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
That's ridiculous- they rushed you for herb? That's how you're supposed to take serial killers in.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
This makes me rage. I ain't gonna go on a rant about it though.

Think someone could have set you up? Hope you get you're flat back in order soon.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

wtf. What's the point in a big drug raid, it's only weed. And in the UK too, don't they have better things to do with their time? I wonder how many real crimes could have been prevented in the time it took them to question you.
You should feel sorry for guys like this. Some police officers (and if you're in America, make that "most police officers") are just power-mad and like to display their authority, and they're not above acting like savage cavemen while they're at it.
Looks like you were a victim of the so called "War on Drugs"

Really am sorry to hear about that though TS. I can't imagine what that must of been like for you.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I think that we are all forgetting that TS was doing something illegal.
If he hadn't been, they wouldn't have raided him.
Absolutely ridiculous, all that for just weed?! How about using money to track down actual crimes, dimwits.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Wow. It's people like you that are the reason police states succeed.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Quote by LtBrenton
Wow. It's people like you that are the reason police states succeed.

TS was doing something illegal, he gets busted, its that simple.

I pee from my balcony and throw **** on busy streets at buses too, if the police get me for this I won't come to The Pit whining.
I mean, did you ask to see a warrant? They cant just break into your place and handcuff you without a warrant unless you had your stuff just sitting out in your doorway where they could see it (which I assume you didnt).
jesus man, thats madness!

do you have alot of people coming in and out of your place?
they must have been watching you!

what was the outcome of it all?
they trash your place, treat you like scum for the sake of afew joints, keep you all day only to turn round and say 'go home' ?

makes me so mad!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Illegal maybe but what right do they have to tell me what is right or wrong.
All I want to do is sit and smoke my herb and praise the Most High in peace. I shouldn't have to go through **** like this because of my choices. I wasn't harming anyone, I pose no threat to anyone, I shouldn't have to watch police officers ransack my home and risk prison (which is a very real risk this time) to live as I choose.

Quote by Run Erratic
jesus man, thats madness!

do you have alot of people coming in and out of your place?
they must have been watching you!

what was the outcome of it all?
they trash your place, treat you like scum for the sake of afew joints, keep you all day only to turn round and say 'go home' ?

makes me so mad!!

The outcome was that my girlfriend and I have to go to court and that there is a good chance that I might go to prison because this is something like the 7th time I've been caught with a little bit of dried plant matter.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Get the fukk out of here with that shit.

Its a joke that enjoying a natural substance on your own free time without infringing on the rights of others is illegal.

These cops could have been patrolling highways to catch speeding cars rather than busting a small time pot smoker.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Kensai
Absolutely ridiculous, all that for just weed?! How about using money to track down actual crimes, dimwits.

The police take pride in catching wrong-doers... but it doesn't matter to them what kind of wrong-doers, be they mass murderers or weed smokers. They feel really happy with themselves if they can catch a model civilian doing something that's only slightly over the line.

I was returning home from a party one night on bike, and a cop car followed me without me noticing for like 10 minutes, just to see if I didn't go through red lights or something... even though it was 3 in the morning and the roads were completely empty. Makes me wonder if they have anything better to do.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Interracial marriage used to be illegal.

Was that right?
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by IDread
Illegal maybe but what right do they have to tell me what is right or wrong.
All I want to do is sit and smoke my herb and praise the Most High in peace. I shouldn't have to go through **** like this because of my choices. I wasn't harming anyone, I pose no threat to anyone, I shouldn't have to watch police officers ransack my home and risk prison (which is a very real risk this time) to live as I choose.

I don't care, it's still illegal.

Look, I know how harmless weed is and a few of my friends enjoy it and I don't see the harm in it either but it is still against the law, whether you like it or not.

This reminds me of a thing that happened real close to me just a few weeks ago.

A 14 year old kid was breaking into a store in the middle of the night and he got shot and killed by a policeman.
Everyone is of course all sad that the kid is dead but if the little **** hadn't been robbing the store he wouldn't be.

Quote by Aaron0612
Interracial marriage used to be illegal.

Was that right?

?
haha, i saw this post and I was like "oh probably for weed". I was right. Stupid that they would be such assholes just for weed, some people mind their own goddamn business and just want to toke in peace. Why don't stupid cops spend their time cracking down on the stupid c**ts who kill each other over it. Waste of money and time. Cops get your priorities strait
Quote by Kensai

It's illegal dude.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

I pee from my balcony and throw **** on busy streets at buses too, if the police get me for this I won't come to The Pit whining.

Pissing from a balcony and throwing stuff at busses has consequenses for other people. Me lighting up my chalice and meditating doesn't.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

wat a f*cking stupid comment!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by billybusa
It's illegal dude.

Weed < Speeding < Domestic violence < Rape < Murder.

Just saying, the police should reconsider their priorities, IMO.
Quote by Run Erratic
wat a f*cking stupid comment!

I don't get why everyone is bitching.

TS got busted for doing something illegal and everyone is defending him.

I'll agree that they were incredibly harsh but it was still against the law.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
The police take pride in catching wrong-doers... but it doesn't matter to them what kind of wrong-doers, be they mass murderers or weed smokers. They feel really happy with themselves if they can catch a model civilian doing something that's only slightly over the line.

There's good cops, too, but you don't really hear about them too often. I've met both good and bad. Mostly bad, though.

Quote by ZeGuitarist

I was returning home from a party one night on bike, and a cop car followed me without me noticing for like 10 minutes, just to see if I didn't go through red lights or something... even though it was 3 in the morning and the roads were completely empty. Makes me wonder if they have anything better to do.

Yeah that's definetely going overboard.

Quote by billybusa
It's illegal dude.

I meant crimes that actually hurt people...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Whether it being illegal is "right" or not is of no consequence here... Cops do not make the laws, and I'm fairly certain that the information those particular cops had was that you were much larger of a criminal than you actually were.

This is backup by how much force and thoroughness they used. They probably thought you were a big time drug dealer or something. If you were a cop, and were sick of dealing with drug dealers who sell to kids and whatnot and thought you were headed to a potential bust, I'm sure you would have acted similarly.

It sucks from your end because it seems disproportionate, but you need to look at it more clearly.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Weed < Speeding < Domestic violence < Rape < Murder.

Just saying, the police should reconsider their priorities, IMO.

Even though it shouldn't be, it's still illegal...

Quote by assparade69
smoke crack, kill cops. that's the way to go.

You are a fucking idiot.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

my first finger stack
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I don't care, it's still illegal.

Look, I know how harmless weed is and a few of my friends enjoy it and I don't see the harm in it either but it is still against the law, whether you like it or not.

This reminds me of a thing that happened real close to me just a few weeks ago.

A 14 year old kid was breaking into a store in the middle of the night and he got shot and killed by a policeman.
Everyone is of course all sad that the kid is dead but if the little **** hadn't been robbing the store he wouldn't be.

?

Listen up phaggot. What point are you trying to prove here? We fukking get it. It's illegal. Great detective work dipshit.

Stop trying to play devil's advocate and thinking you have got the moral high ground.

The real issue is the amount of wasted money and time spent on ridiculous "crimes." Even if you believe in the War on Drugs, then you should still be upset because rather than targetting the drug distributors, they attacked the user.

So stop trolling this thread because you are a bored phaggot with nothing better to do, because this is a serious problem in today's society and dumb fucks like you just fuck it up for everyone.

Don't respond.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
a guy in my neighborhood got sentenced to 5 yrs in prison for 1 ounce of pot. it's ridiculous. it just needs to be legalized so crap like this doesn't happen anymore
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by Dreadnought
Whether it being illegal is "right" or not is of no consequence here... Cops do not make the laws, and I'm fairly certain that the information those particular cops had was that you were much larger of a criminal than you actually were.

This is backup by how much force and thoroughness they used. They probably thought you were a big time drug dealer or something. If you were a cop, and were sick of dealing with drug dealers who sell to kids and whatnot and thought you were headed to a potential bust, I'm sure you would have acted similarly.

It sucks from your end because it seems disproportionate, but you need to look at it more clearly.

I'll be backing this bit

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

I'll agree that they were incredibly harsh but it was still against the law.

And this bit.

Idread:

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/
Last edited by webbtje at Aug 29, 2009,