I'm really looking into buying a paul reed smith SE custom 22 and I was just wondering, are there any professionals who use the SE line? It doesnt really have any bearing on my decision of buying one, but I was wondering if there are some pro's who for some reason choose the SE over a more expensive PRS.

Also, just while im on the topic, does anyone have any experience with this guitar, is it worth the money?
i dont think any pros use it. they are pretty much what epiphone is to gibson. im not sure the SE series is worth their new price tag, but for the used price, they are amazing. as long as u dont mind not having much flash or features, it certainly has the heart of a PRS. very well made, stock pickups and hardware certainly dont need any replacing (although locking tuners wouldnt be a bad idea).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Mikael Akerfeldt uses the SE Custom 24. Only one that comes to mind at the moment but I know there's plenty others.
Quote by Ekofu
Mikael Akerfeldt uses the SC Custom 24. Only one that comes to mind at the moment but I know there's plenty others.
Fix'd.
He uses the SC, or Single Cut, not SE, custom 24 or 22
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
Quote by Ekofu
Mikael Akerfeldt uses the SE Custom 24. Only one that comes to mind at the moment but I know there's plenty others.

He has a lot of PRS guitars but none are SE.
I cant think of anyone who uses PRS SE guitars. Have you check the website, maybe in the artist section you might find someone who does.
Quote by Ekofu
No sir, SE Custom 24. I'm sure he's used the SC before, but he mainly uses the SE.

http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/profiles/mikaelakerfeldt/index.html

You can also look on www.opeth.com for equipment listing.

it doesnt say SE anywhere, and u can clearly see in the picture the guitar body has a topper, SE's do not, they are flat top. one of the cost cutting features. custom 24s and SE custom 24s are very different.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Frederik uses an SC, Mikael uses a double cutaway, but not an SE
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Charlie Simpson, of Fightstar, used an SE in the video for Never Change.

I tihnk thats only cos it gets dunked in water at the end, and he probably didnt want to waste one of his real PRS's.
Quote by guns_rosesldb
I'm really looking into buying a paul reed smith SE custom 22 and I was just wondering, are there any professionals who use the SE line? It doesnt really have any bearing on my decision of buying one, but I was wondering if there are some pro's who for some reason choose the SE over a more expensive PRS.

Also, just while im on the topic, does anyone have any experience with this guitar, is it worth the money?

The SE is not for Pros because a pro will probably have the cash to buy a custom 22 or 24.

I had a SE befor i could afford a custom 24 and its was a great guitar, b
great sound and it stayed in tune very well, better then a strat.