I really want an S, but I really want 24 frets, but the S prestige models are $2000

I found a store with an 08 S5470 prestige for $1500 but even still that is a lot of money, considering I wanted the S520EX, but theres only 22 frets.

Has anyone ever financed a guitar?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
bad decision, if you don't pay it off within the time limit you get so much back interest it'd be twice the cost of the guitar initially. Just save up
I got the Ibanez S2170 Prestige, and I didn't even think about how many frets it had. Mine has 22 frets, and I don't care...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
I got the Ibanez S2170 Prestige, and I didn't even think about how many frets it had. Mine has 22 frets, and I don't care...

+1 I have the same guitar, bubinga top?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Traditionally, it was so that the neck pickup could be right over a harmonic sweet spot that couldn't be reached by extending the scale length or lengthening the neck. I'm probably getting this wrong but it's along those lines, you'd be better off asking the Ibanez forums.

It's only recently, after loads of pressure, that they've started doing 24 fret Ss, so that's better than nothing.
the S5470 is well worth the 1500, i got it for 1400 at guitar center, the dark wood finish, its a beautiful, if u get it set up it plays like a dream

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by sacamano79
+1 I have the same guitar, bubinga top?

Nope, "natural" finish. Ibanez S2170 FW-NTF. I really wanted the FB to begin with, but they were out of stock, but they could order the FW for me with a GREAT discount, so I said yes... I don't regret it! I liked it even more than the FB when I saw it with my own eyes. The FB is a beauty as well though.

I have no idea what different finishes are called, but you know what I mean...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by deafening
the S5470 is well worth the 1500, i got it for 1400 at guitar center, the dark wood finish, its a beautiful, if u get it set up it plays like a dream

the one I was looking at has the Satin Oil finish, it looks really nice I think.
this beast http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=3181

I could easily finance it, put some money down and what not, im not too sure. Ive only played a few S's and I love them, I have not yet tried a 24 fret S though, I was playing RG's for that.

Keep in mind I am still fairly new to guitar, so in my mind I cant really justify any real need for the 24 fret S other than I love the S shape and I want a guitar that will last me a long time so that I dont need to go upgrading again later on once I reach a point where im playing songs with 22+ frets.

Right now I have a 84-87 mij strat but it only has 21 frets and I was trying to learn Orion and realized when I was trying to get it down that I needed an extra fret! ><

Im heading to the music store today to try out a bunch of electrics and acoustics, I really want an acoustic too, and I think if anything I should upgrade my amp before I go buying a 1600$ guitar, but, if the bug bites'

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Aug 29, 2009,