I've never been one to mess around with the pickups I usually am happy with the ones built in so I don't know much about. But I'm in search of 2 for a custom solid body guitar I'm building. Most important is the clean sound. A full clean sound, but of course I want it to pull off distortion. I was looking at the PRS Tremonti ones. Any suggestions? Oh by the way looking for sounds like Breaking Bennjamin, Creed, etc. Thanks.
Quote by MadSchecterGTR
I've never been one to mess around with the pickups I usually am happy with the ones built in so I don't know much about. But I'm in search of 2 for a custom solid body guitar I'm building. Most important is the clean sound. A full clean sound, but of course I want it to pull off distortion. I was looking at the PRS Tremonti ones. Any suggestions? Oh by the way looking for sounds like Breaking Bennjamin, Creed, etc. Thanks.
Okay, so basically you want everything.

PAFs with covers. Get your dirty from pedals or a high-gain amp.

OR

Pick something like a DiMarzio X2N and wire it for series/parallel.
Series for mean, Parallel for clean.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 29, 2009,
2nd'ed the PAFs, great cleans (which you seem to value more than the distortion) yet can still give a nice dirty tone
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking