Do you have to spent time getting used to other guitar shapes.

Like if I moved from a Superstrat to an Les Paul, would it take alot to time to get used to playing with a massive chunk of wood as opposed to something sleek and nice :P

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
it feels awkward for a few seconds, but as soon as I play the different shape for a while, I get used to it and adjust to it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I went through this when I went from being a strat- W H O R E my whole life to tradeing to an SG. Now I'll never go back.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
The lack of the arm contour might take some getting used to. When I switched to my Tele from a Strat style guitar, that bothered me a lot.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
I actually didn't feel a thing when switching from a strat to a Jackson Kelly. Sometimes, however, I feel weird when playing guitars with different neck contours (les pauls, some schecters).
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
When I switched from a Strat to a Les Paul it was like going from a Ford to a Rolls Royce. Well worth a few minutes getting used to it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

My SG feels a little funny after playing the ORM, the neck is sorta awkwardly far out when sitting down, the ORM feels perfect.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I never cared about playing on different shapes.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
+1

Quote by ibrahimasood
Not really, but it takes me time to get used to a neck.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!