I don't know anything about electrical work and how well things take voltages, AC/DC, all that stuff so that's why I'm asking smarter people before I blow up my wah pedal.

Alright I got a Dunlop Crybaby and on the "Things you may need" thing it says it takes a 9 Volt AC adapter, but on the bottom it says it takes a 9V DC or something. What I got here is a 9.2V AC/DC adapter. If I use my pedal with this, it won't like fry it or anything right?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
9v AC is usually an external adapter (altern current) and DC is direct current, usually a battery. I suppose the bottom says 9v DC because you put your 9v battery in there

EDIT: oh, and what you really need to check in the pedal and adapter is the miliamper load (i dunno how the are called in english, but it's a number next to the power rating, something like "300 mA"). If they are the same or JUST a bit off, you can use it. If it's too high it will probably kill your pedal, and if it's too low, it wont turn on.

the extra .2 volts wont hurt.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Aug 29, 2009,
check to see the amperage (in mA) and voltage (in V) match up. there should be a little spec area on the bottom of the pedal that shows the required power. then, it's just a matter of matching, or purchasing another.
------

Shwiggity.
Ok I pretty much have no idea about anything so I'll just rewrite whatever's on the warning labels.

On the pedal it says:
"9VDC AC regulated adapters with greater than 20 ma current will work."

The AC/DC adapter's O/P:
9.2V (Some weird symbol, one large dash over 3 smaller dashes) .3A 3W

I think it'll work but I"m just verifying.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
that odd symbol means DC.

you can use any adapter that matches or exceeds the required current draw (how much juice the pedal uses). you need at least 20mA (0.02 Amps) and that will supply up to 300mA (0.3 Amps).

that extra 0.2 volts is just there to keep the voltage closer to 9v under load since that's not a regulated wall-wart.

so yes it will work.