Page 1 of 2
Hello,
I'm new to this nice forum - it's very nice place.
Friend of mind asked what is the greatest guitar player that used Les Paul. Of course there isn't one, but maybe you could give me like 5. Thank you very much!
MasterM
jimmy paige, slash, zakk wylde u could on on 4 ever just depends on ur favourite song and genre
Les Paul
Jimmy Page
Joe Perry
Slash (imo)

There are a ton others for rock. This all I can think of though
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Me.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, people don't take you seriously." - John Petrucci.

Quote by maskimx
I am really really not proud of this but there was a chubby, African American kid in my preschool, and I called him "Blacky Fatso"
WOw quick! Thank you!
Ok I get the picture , I'm kind a new to rock style, Les Paul is one of the rock icons. Maybe there are some objects or icons as important as Les Paul. Maybe some rock symbols... I just want to know it all correctly, so I can be smarter then my friends
Last edited by mastermidi at Aug 29, 2009,
1) Robert Fripp

all others need not apply
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
^ I agree. Adam Jones is awesome.

I also think Joe Perry is amazing too.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
Pete Townshend
Les Paul
I guess Slash
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Far too many but here's a few lesser know ones
Jimi Hendrix (he played a '61 LP Custom, SG shape sometimes)
Paul Kossof
Neil Young (ol' black)
Eric Clapton (early Cream)
David Gilmour (for recording)
Mary Ford (she could play a bit, too)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Clapton used a Les paul? I know he used his fool guitar but a Les Paul? Also good job for the Kossof mention
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by weezergeek182
I've seen Rivers Cuomo use one.

yeah, because when you're talking about Jimmy Page, Slash and Eric clapton, why shouldnt rivers cuomo be mentioned?

also Duane Allman and Dickie Betts
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Last edited by Rock1986 at Sep 3, 2009,
Matt Heafy, Buckethead.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I know everyone says Page but Page. Plain and simple, he can do every rock style, then some countryish tunes to blues to metal to anything. Not to mention he can write real good music and he had the ability to improvise real well. Duane Allman and Billy Gibbons are real well too. I also love Slash and Joe Perry but Page is the best.
The guy whose name is on it, Les Paul.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
"Who's that movin' across the stage, he looks a lot like Jimmy Page."

Of course so many players are not pure Les Paul players. Beck used one on Blow by Blow and he is the Strat God. I think some forgot Randy Rhodes who started on the LP on his first work with Ozzy. Zak is an amazing player. As much as I never cared much for G&R Slash spins a good riff at times, I can't stand Axel so I never really listened to the band, Jungle is a classic but the rest of it..... Adam plays a lot of different guitars like Billy Gibbons as well but their LP work is paradigm. Ace, well, I enjoyed the Kiss thing in the late 70's and such but at least Ace knew when to retire from the Kabuki dance. Gene and Paul need a therapist and for God sake, it's time to count your money.

When one thinks of shear ICON and IMAGE, I think one has to give credit where credit is due and give Pagey his statue.
Last edited by FoolDrive at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by Beserker
Though he didn't by any means use them exclusively...

this

and jeff beck - blow by blow, amazing tone
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Les Paul
Jimmy Page
Billy Gibbons
Joe Perry
Slash
Dean DeLeo
Ace Frehley
Alex Lifeson
Zakk Wylde

Also...

Vivian Cambell
Adam Jones
Adrian Smith
James Hetfield
Tracii Guns
Joe Walsh
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
zakk
jimmy
clapton
slash
lifeson
randy (sometimes)

and i think steve hakket used one.
Last edited by FURPUS at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by Rock1986
yeah, because when you're talking about Jimmy Page, Slash and Eric clapton, why shouldnt rivers cuomo be mentioned?

also Duane Allman and Dickie Betts
Rivers is actually a very good guitarist I guess. He took lessons from a pretty good prog guitarist from what I read in a UG interview.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Well, Les Paul himself, since he's the one who nearly perfected the art of classic guitar playing. Most noticeably is Jimmy Page, who can be recognized completely with it.
slash, jimmy page, joe perry, billy gibbons. in that order as well
slash jimmy page les paul and joe perry, i dont think those have been said yet
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Les Paul (I mean, c'mon, its named after him), Jimmy Page, Adam Jones
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

1. Buckethead (number one by a country mile)
2. Jimmy Page
3. Slash
4. Frank Zappa
5. Adam Jones
Page 1 of 2