I'd like to put a new bridge on my hardtail SGclon, just for fun.
So, does anyone know a cheap but okay tremolobridge? My budget is around £40.

Is there anything special to think about when I put it on/in/whatever?
How do I... Do it?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
the only thing i can think of is a vibrola, which i'm not even sure they make anymore and would probably be expensive
Okay, thank you anyway.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
if it's an SG clone, chances are the body's thinner than a standard trem-stocked guitar. it's not impossible, but you'd have to rout your body to accept a trem system (ie. springs,block, etc.). there are top-mounting trem systems such as the tremking, bigsby, and others that mount onto the face of your non-trem-equipped guitar. search 'flat mount tremolo system' or something similar on google, it should point you in the right direction if you're not looking to modify the body of your guitar permanently.

good luck
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
if it's an SG clone, chances are the body's thinner than a standard trem-stocked guitar. it's not impossible, but you'd have to rout your body to accept a trem system (ie. springs,block, etc.). there are top-mounting trem systems such as the tremking, bigsby, and others that mount onto the face of your non-trem-equipped guitar. search 'flat mount tremolo system' or something similar on google, it should point you in the right direction if you're not looking to modify the body of your guitar permanently.

good luck

Well, the body's around 1.6" thick. Is it thick enough for a trem with springs? Or do I really need a top-mounting trem?

Thank you!
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
well, standard strats are somewhere around 1.75", so it's possible, but I can't be absolutely sure, as I don't have the trem specs either.
------

Shwiggity.
I'd assume that any vibrato would work, since a Floyd Rose can fit in an SG (Tony Iommi).
As for which one is cheapest, I bet you could find a Wilkinson 6-point deal somewhere.