I have a Marshal MG100hdfx Practice amp.

The volume level on channel 1 clean is low, when you press the crunch button you get blasted into the next roon.

When on channel 2 OD1 the volume level is same as the channel one clean and low, when you press in OD2 you blasted into the next room.

When I set up the amplifier, I can switch between channel 1 clean and channel 2 OD1 It will keep the same Volume

When I press crunch Kaboom it is ripping loud and will be at the same level as channel 2 OD2.

Now I really like very loud things but Why such a difference between the volumes. Every thing seems to function correctly even all of the effects.
Help me out here experts!
Alphadog69
Last edited by Alphadog69 at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Alphadog69
I have a Marshal MG100hdfx Practice amp.

The volume level on channel 1 clean is low, when you press the crunch button you get blasted into the next roon.

There is your problem. They are unreliable amps, just sell it and move on.

Also, since when is 100 watts a "practice" amp?
Distortion works by boosting signal beyond that which the tubes can handle, so it makes sense that it would get louder with more gain...

EDIT: I know there are no tubes, but its pretty much the same idea, signal too big to replicate.
Well most amps wouldn't have quite that BLASTED TO SPACE effect, but you have a 100 watt amp, which is not a practice amp.
Maybe the OP called it a practice amp because it's an MG?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Tried one last thursday at the studio, it sucked. Couldn't handle live volumes at all even at 100 watts. Fine for practising alone, albeit a bit overkill.
WTLTL 2011
100watts is not a practise amp.

Like the first post said, 100watts is the rating before the amp goes into distortion, when it's in distortion it will be much louder.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Marshall MG100HDFX stack?

You should get an Epi Les Paul. TOANZ MASHEENZ

But seriously, it's a low-level solid state amp and there could be any number of things wrong with it. I can't imagine that one channel would be louder so I would think you have a volume drop in one of the others.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
MGs just have alot of electric issues. SS amps like MGs are usually disposable when they start acting up unfortunately, the diagnostics and repair wont be cheap. Best just to deal with it as is and put your repair budget towards a better amp.