Last edited by bcandste at Aug 29, 2009,
I can't see any picutres, but i don't think vox are that old. I might be wrong though.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Nobody will download your pictures unless they're a really good person. Use imageshack, photobucket, or any other photo hosting site so that everybody can see them without downloading.
Quote by TimboSlice
Nobody will download your pictures unless they're a really good person. Use imageshack, photobucket, or any other photo hosting site so that everybody can see them without downloading.

+1, you can't expect people to do all the work for you
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Not to mention downloading can allow virus access. In 1939 there wouldn't be much in the way of electric guitars. Some Gibson ?Epiphone hollowbody's most likely. I don't think VOX existed i=until the late 50's but I'm not sure.
Moving on.....
Looks like an old Danelectro electric...are you sure it's from 39'? I'm pretty sure Les Paul's log was the onyl solidbody around back then.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Not sure when it is from, just an old guitar, but does have 1939 in a small round circle on teh bridge pick up!!!!!!!!!
Hmm...well, again, it looks a lot like a Dano to me, but I could be wrong. Personally I'd get that thing appraised.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
That will be some other kind of ID number - definitely not the year of production. Far too radical and advanced.
Thanks for all your help guys, will give it a clean up, and try and make it playable.Once again thank you for all the help.Cheers