Asking on the behalf of a friend.
Will tuning down from E to D hurt his Schecter Diamond Somethingsomething..?
Or is it just to play away after the tuning?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Assuming its not some special tuning system, why would it? :?
No, tuning down will not harm the instrument in any way.

I'm out of touch, is physics still taught in schools these days?
I don't know, just some idea he's got...
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Well dropping to D shouldn't change anything, he should be fine with that. However, depending on how low you are tuned, you CAN warp your neck by not having the tension that the basses are made to withstand. If you leave a guitar/bass unstringed for a long amount of time, the neck will warp because it is made with a truss rod to counter the tension of the strings, and if the strings are missing/not strong enough your neck could bend. Drop D won't be enough of a change however.
Quote by kamayzing
Well dropping to D shouldn't change anything, he should be fine with that. However, depending on how low you are tuned, you CAN warp your neck by not having the tension that the basses are made to withstand. If you leave a guitar/bass unstringed for a long amount of time, the neck will warp because it is made with a truss rod to counter the tension of the strings, and if the strings are missing/not strong enough your neck could bend. Drop D won't be enough of a change however.

If he's going to be playing in this tuning permanently he should adjust the truss rod. If it's just for a couple songs or even just for practice then he could tune it back up to standard when he's done and all would be fine. the warping is a pretty long term thing. nothing to worry about in the short term. I'd be surprised if going to D standard from E standard could even warp the neck at all.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I'm no neck guru, but I'm CONFIDENT, that you can downtune your bass within reason and not get neck wrapping. Many extreme metal bassist's downtune a fourstring 1 1/2 step down and keep it in that tuning - no problems. I've been to BEAD on a fourstring with 45-100 strings. Since you're only going down to drop-D, no worries.
the day tuning down will hurt your bass is the day pigs will fly!

oh wait...Swine Flu! lololololololololololol....Sorry I really wanted to use that joke...

Anyhow, No it won't hurt your neck. XD
Try adding more delay.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
no.

Haha that's all everyone needed to say.
Quote by Jateca
No, tuning down will not harm the instrument in any way.

I'm out of touch, is physics still taught in schools these days?

well it depends. in my town you were given the option. take the smart classes for future nasa employees or take the classes that will teach you how to cash your welfare check and some basic hygiene that a 5 year old should know. physics is obviously in that smarter group of classes. im not sure how it works everywhere else. im guessing its something like that allover.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
well it depends. in my town you were given the option. take the smart classes for future nasa employees or take the classes that will teach you how to cash your welfare check and some basic hygiene that a 5 year old should know. physics is obviously in that smarter group of classes. im not sure how it works everywhere else. im guessing its something like that allover.

Ha, we get 2 choices here: take advanced classes from age 5 onward, or leave

As for downtuning, go for it. Just try not to go so low that the strings rattle
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Yep it will make it bleed inside.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
no it wont hurt it i have a fairly aged ibanez bass, and i drop tune it all the time.
right now its in drop c
______gear_________
schecter diamond series c-7
dean xm vendetta
digitech rp250
peavey audition

Hail My Dark Lord and Master
His bass will be fine
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Bit of a necro-post ey?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
yep pretty much lol
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.