Page 1 of 3
hello pit, we are thinking of adding another vocal to our band for versatility and harmonization options. Two of them will act like two frontmans, none of them will play anything on stage. But im unsure of the situation regarding the stage act. How would people react to having two vocals? what would one do when another is singing?? also, wouldn't the stage become clumsy? What do you people suggest? Besides, it would be great if i could find some good youtube videos of bands that have two vocals, to learn how they handle the situation. thanks in advance

Sikth!
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
You mean you will have two people in the band that ONLY sing and don't play any other instrument? I don't know if I've ever seen that before..
Well SOAD has 2 vocalists, and I can't stand either one of their "singing" (and I use that term lightly) voices, so 2 singers migt be cool, but it could end up sucking as well
Quote by RobinTrower12
You mean you will have two people in the band that ONLY sing and don't play any other instrument? I don't know if I've ever seen that before..

exactly...same here. and that's why i am asking for some help

Lacuna Coil.

Edit: Andre And Cristina both in nearly all their songs. just gotta find a groove that fits.
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Last edited by MegaUltraTurkey at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by mental_zer0
The Beatles.

nuff said

They all play other instruments...

Again: SIKTH!
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Blackout have two singers. As do The Twang. Make of that what you will.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Sonic Syndicate and even with a hot girl playing bass they suck (thank god for the drunk people falling over in the mud to keep me entertained through that set)
The Blackout, one person does clean vocals, the other screams, and they work really well together
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
Sly and the Family Stone.

Actually, in their 1969 lineup, they had 3,974 vocalists.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
The Blood Brothers. If you play really energetic music it should work and not look awkward. But if you play slow music, it could look a little weird when they are just standing there.
Last edited by rabajber at Aug 29, 2009,
The Number Twelve Looks like You
Circle Takes the Square, I think.
Arcade Fire
I think Santana does mulit-vocalists a good bit.

And, I'm pretty sure lots of -core bands have co-vocalists, though One's usually backing on another instrument.

What genre are you looking to do, by the way?
they would ONLY sing... no one will play any instrument, that's the point im trying to make.. most of the examples given here have the vocals also playing instruments.

stabilo has two vocalists but i don't think they sing at the same time and i think they both play instruments
Quote by RobinTrower12

The Blackout do that.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
no, but I know of bands that have a guitarist/bassist/or drummer that sings harmonies...

plus they are a usefelll member of the band, not just another singer
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by MegaUltraTurkey

You have excellent taste in movies. At least according to your sig.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I know they both play instruments, but in Reel Big Fish, a lot of times Scott doesn't play anything (just holds his trumpet) and still comes in, though aaron has his guitar
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by Monolith295
You have excellent taste in movies. At least according to your sig.

why thank you.

and to add, neither andre or cristina play other instruments. just vocals.

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Quote by AvAHixson
The Blackout, one person does clean vocals, the other screams, and they work really well together

I'm pretty sure Emery also does this, neither of their vocalists play instruments, but one only does all the screaming
It can work if both vocalist have a very different sound, like a singer and a rapper, a man and woman or clean and screaming. If you both sing the same style, don't bother.... it's just a waste
If you're a type of -core band you could have the vocalists prance around like the guys from HeavyHeavyLowLow. Showbread used to have to vocalists the 2nd guy would stand there and dance to the beat or goof off if that gives you an idea for what the other guy will be doing when the other guy is singing. Also, many mathcore bands have 2 vocalists you might want to check out groups in that genre.
Page 1 of 3