EDIT: I ended up getting the Epiphone GT

Okay sooo I've got like $530 right now and im completely fine with all the sounds I get out of my amp/pedals. SO DON'T RECCOMEND NEW ONES!

Sooo I'm on the hunt for a new guitar, I play classic rock and some blues. But I'm not looking for a guitar that directly suits that since I've got the sounds I want. What I'm looking for is:

A guitar that:
-Has a single coil in the bridge (possibly a p90)
-set neck
-$500
-24.75" scale
-i need to be able to get it at guitar center since i like to try before i buy
-and i do like the les paul design but i'm not limited to it

Thanks!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Aug 30, 2009,
perhaps a schecter C1 blackjack, great metal and blues tones (it has a coil tap)
PRS custom SE
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
(post deleted, remember not to advertise!)
Ask me about my Fender Stratacoustic for sale!
Quote by flanders_91

I was looking at that one but i wanted some other suggestions too, but i will 100% consider that one.
Lets jump in a pool

I'd check craigslist.org. You might find a POS you can fix up and make your own... Plus you can wheel and deal, maybe save a few bucks and have a p90 installed.
Quote by IstraBass
I'd check craigslist.org. You might find a POS you can fix up and make your own... Plus you can wheel and deal, maybe save a few bucks and have a p90 installed.

yea, u could (if u wanted) buy a epi lp studio(http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=581254), then put in one of these...
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-P94T-Humbucker-Sized-P90-Bridge-Pickup?sku=306913

it will fit into a humbucker postition, so no problems
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Gibson Melody Maker, $490

Orr an Epi Les Paul 1956 Gold Top. $500. You'd have to stretch the budget a bit.

ORRRR an Epi Riviera Custom P93, but thats $500. So if you were willing to stretch your budget just a tad, I'd say that's the best for you. It looks great and it's got a Bigsby.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Gibson Melody Maker, $490

Orr an Epi Les Paul 1956 Gold Top. $500. You'd have to stretch the budget a bit.

ORRRR an Epi Riviera Custom P93, but thats $500. So if you were willing to stretch your budget just a tad, I'd say that's the best for you. It looks great and it's got a Bigsby.

I was really considering the Melody Maker, but I don't know anymore, I would have had to route out another pup and i heard that you need to do a few things out of the box just to make it playable.
Lets jump in a pool

I have no experience with a Melody Maker so I couldn't tell you anything.

I'd pick either the Riviera or Gold Top to be honest. The Riviera might have a higher re-sale value in a few years (decade or two) because it's a limited edition. Honestly, if I had the money I'd probably go out and buy it right now. It's a damn sexy guitar and the upper frets are so out there...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I have no experience with a Melody Maker so I couldn't tell you anything.

I'd pick either the Riviera or Gold Top to be honest. The Riviera might have a higher re-sale value in a few years (decade or two) because it's a limited edition. Honestly, if I had the money I'd probably go out and buy it right now. It's a damn sexy guitar and the upper frets are so out there...

Okay well i'll make sure to check them both out
Lets jump in a pool

I agree with buying something non gibson style and adding a p90...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Tedis1111
perhaps a schecter C1 blackjack, great metal and blues tones (it has a coil tap)

ehh to expensive and i don't want another guitar with humbuckers atm
Lets jump in a pool

I just bought a PRS SE Custom 24 fret for 429 on musicians friends, by getting at 15% discount by ordering by phone and asking about the "world" promo. Though I dont think you can beat this PRS for 500 bucks I think the promo will work with most guitars, even though its about percussion day...
Outside the side box that's outside your sky box.