i am rebuilding a ibanez rg321 and i have a few questions. First of all i am replacing all the hardware and wiring, is this something i could do on my own or should i have a proffesional do it? I have some soldering time under my belt so im not a complete newb. About a half hour ago i just finished sanding it starting with 80 grade, then 100, then 220 so its super smooth. I also wood puttied it cause there were alot of dents and scratches. I am spray painting it bright green to look like Michael Keene's (even though he plays a washburn). I will be putting on the white primer in a little bit. How many layers should i do? Also how many layers of paint should i put on? How many cans do you think it will take? I have no sentimental attachment to this guitar so if i **** up i will just start over. I play on having EMG 81-85's in it with a tremolo. I want this thing to look nasty when im done so im putting in my time.

Also a question unrelated, the pickups that come stock in most epiphones (the humbuckers), are they really any good? Just wondering

I will post pics tonight
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by Tig Bitties
i am rebuilding a ibanez rg321 and i have a few questions. First of all i am replacing all the hardware and wiring, is this something i could do on my own or should i have a proffesional do it? I have some soldering time under my belt so im not a complete newb.
No way to tell. It doesn't take a ton of skill to replace hardware and do the wiring but it takes some. Only you know how much skill you have.

Quote by Tig Bitties
About a half hour ago i just finished sanding it starting with 80 grade, then 100, then 220 so its super smooth. I also wood puttied it cause there were alot of dents and scratches. I am spray painting it bright green to look like Michael Keene's (even though he plays a washburn). I will be putting on the white primer in a little bit. How many layers should i do? Also how many layers of paint should i put on? How many cans do you think it will take? I have no sentimental attachment to this guitar so if i **** up i will just start over.
The answers to this can be found in The ULTIMATE painting/refinishing thread. Read it and ask any details you don't understand, in THAT thread.

Quote by Tig Bitties
Also a question unrelated, the pickups that come stock in most epiphones (the humbuckers), are they really any good? Just wondering
They're a bit wimpy, but not horrible.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by blue_strat
Don't bother - get a new guitar.

calm down brotherman, im doing this as a project just for fun, i wanna see how much i can restore a guitar from a bad condition
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on